20

Eliza's P. O. V.

Ad the days went by, people started minding their business. I brought Zach with me to the hospital most days, and he held me while I cried everyday. I took Jonah's advice and opened up to him about how I felt and was completely honest. It felt good, being able to get everything out in the open with him.

It was now Thanksgiving break, and today marked three weeks of my dad being in the hospital. He still hadn't woken up. My grandma had been staying with us, so Jonah and I weren't alone.

"Hurry, come inside." I pulled Zach out of the snow and into the house. He took off his shoes and jackets covered in snow and quickly pulled me into his arms. I wrapped the blanket I had around his shoulders and warmed him up.

"Oh my gosh thank you!" He said making me laugh.

"Come on." I grabbed his hand and walked to the living room.

"Hey, Mrs. Roth," Zach said when my grandma came out of the kitchen.

"Hey Zach. I'm making homemade pizza tonight so stay as long as you want."

"Thank you." I grabbed Zach's hand and took him to my room.

"My mom said to invite you three over for Thanksgiving," Zach said.

"Oh, you didn't have to do that."

"We want y'all to come. You're all family."

"Thank you." I grabbed my remote and turned a movie on from Netflix. Zach lay back on my bed and I cuddled into his chest.

After an hour into the movie, Zach started getting bored. He started tickling me, making me jump up and laugh.

"Zach, stooopp," I whined while laughing. He kept tickling me. Soon he was hovering over me, trapping me with his legs. He kept tickling me, making me freak out.

I swiftly grabbed his wrists and pushed them against the bed, flipping us over. I straddled him then started tickling his sides.

He grabbed my wrists and we both tried to catch our breath. I leaned down and pressed my lips onto his. He let go of my wrists, moving his hands to my waist, and I put my hands on his cheeks.

He tickled my sides again making me jump up and screech.

"Zach!" I exclaimed. He burst out laughing. With his eyes closed, I took the chance and started tickling his sides and his neck. We both laughed and squealed as we tickled each other, rolling all over the bed. I tried to crawl off the bed, but Zach pulled me back and continued to tickle me.

"Okay, I'm tired, let's stop," he said.

"Finally!" I exclaimed. We both fell back on my bed, and that's when I realized my grandma standing in my doorway smiling.

"Oh, hey grandma," I said breathlessly.

"I didn't want to interrupt, but dinner's ready."

"Oh, okay." Zach and I both got up and followed her out to the kitchen.

We sat down across from Jonah and my grandma and ate the homemade cheese pizza.

"This is amazing," Zach said grabbing a third slice.

"Thanks sweetie."

"Zach's family invited us over for Thanksgiving dinner," I told her.

"Oh?"

"Yeah, my family is coming, but y'all are family too so you're welcome to come."

"Thank you. Maybe I'll make my famous pies."

"Yes please!" Jonah exclaimed. I agreed and we all laughed.

Zach and I cleaned up the dishes then went and sat on the couches.

"Want me to make some hot chocolate?" Grandma asked.

"Yes, please," I said. Jonah went over to the fireplace and started a fire before sitting on the love seat and turning the tv on.

I grabbed a blanket and threw it over Zach and I before snuggling into his side. He wrapped his arm around me and kissed my head.

                                    ***

"Bye Zach." I slowly and passionately kissed his lips before letting him go back out into the snow. I walked back into the living room and plopped on the couch, covering myself with the blanket.

"I like him," my grandma said.

"So do I." I laughed.

"He's sweet and he's funny and he's cute." She smiled.

"Yeah." I chuckled.

"And he makes you laugh," she said more seriously. "I haven't seen you laugh like you were the whole time I've been here. He can make you laugh and smile even when the worst things are happening."

"I love him." I bit my lip, hiding my smile.

"He's a keeper." She winked. I chuckled. I grabbed our mugs and washed them in the sink before going to my room and showering. Zach called me on facetime, so we talked for a few hours before I fell asleep.

                                        *****

A/n
Sorry it's so short I just wanted to get something up. I hope you like it.