8

Eliza's P. O. V.

"Jonah, I can't do this." I had found him in the baseball coaches office and pulled him into an empty office to talk to him.

"What do you mean?"

"I can't see Zach in every single one of my classes today."

"What about Ms. Lee? What if you just stay in her class today?"

"You think she'll let me?"

"You always talk about how she's basically a second mom."

Whenever I wasn't rehearsing for the musical, I was in her room. I ate lunch with her some days and we had become really close. I talked to her about Zach and the musical and my mom. She's always been so helpful.

"Will you come with me?" I asked.

"Yeah, but I can't stay."

"I know, just walk with me." He wrapped his arm around me and walked with me up the stairs to Ms. Lee's room. We passed Jack and Daniel on the way, but Jonah waved them away.

"Liza, what's wrong?" Ms. Lee asked when we entered her classroom. It was thankfully empty. My throat felt tight and I couldn't talk.

"My dad made her break up with Zach and he made her quit the musical. She doesn't want to see Zach in every class today, so do you think she could just do her work in here?" Jonah asked for me.

"Of course. Just go get your work from your teachers and you can stay in here. I'm so sorry, honey." I just shrugged.

"Thanks Jonah," I said quietly. He hugged me tight and kissed my forehead before leaving.

"You poor thing." She opened her arms and I gladly hugged her.

"Go sit in my office, I'll get your work for you."

"Thank you."

Zach's P. O. V.

I almost ran after her, but I figured it'd be better not to. I went and sat on the stage, trying to understand everything.

She said her dad is making her do all of this. And it's all my fault. My stupid reputation. Her dad knows all about how I used to use girls. Jonah and I talked about it a lot over the summer, he probably overheard.

"Hey, you okay?" Ms. Tucker came out of her office. She came and sat next to me on the stage.

"I'm fine, I guess."

"Is this about Liza?" She asked.

"Yeah. I really liked her-"

"Oh, I know," she said obviously. I kind of laughed.

"I really liked her, but her dad hates me so he won't let her talk to me anymore. And since we're both the leads, he made her quit."

"Why does he hate you?"

"Well...I haven't had the best reputation with girls in the past."

"Oh, I see."

"But I've changed. I changed for Liza. And she knows that. Jonah knows that. But her dad doesn't see it."

"She's his little girl. He doesn't want any guy taking her away from him."

"I don't want to take her away, I just want to be with her."

"I don't know what to tell you, kid."

"I don't blame her for listening to him, though. The last thing she said was that she didn't want to lose him like she lost her mom. And that just makes me feel so selfish because I want her so bad, but her family is more important."