It was hard for him to get up after his mini ritual, but he managed to do it somehow. Dan and Theo were still standing besides the car, their only light source was the light coming from the shimmering stars above them, Theo had no idea about what just happened but Dan knew, he only knew but he never actually saw it.  

Dan felt as he should at least try to help Edmund, but he knew Edmund would never accept his help. He threw a water bottle in Edmund’s direction when he saw him making his way back to the car. He wasn’t feeling as paranoid as he did before since he hasn’t seen one car pass since they have gotten out of that house.

Edmund gulped down two sips from the bottle, but his throat was still dry, he felt as if he just swallowed hot sand. Edmund then threw away the water bottle in the field from where he just came from.  He rubbed his palms together to overcome the harsh, cold wind.  

“Now explain!” he leaned against the car bonnet and then tried to calm himself down before asking “what did I miss?”

Theo still tried to dodge the question but Dan silenced him, and then spoke “well I assume you remember everything that happened, before Mr Parker hit you with a lamp.” 

For some reason Edmund knew, what he was about to hear won’t be pretty at all. But he also had the need to know. “Yes I remember.”  

“Well so after that, the situation kind of went out of our hands,” Dan took a deep breath before speaking again “because the next thing I know is that he attacked me. I managed to dodge his move but then the elder daughter kicked me in the leg, and I just lost my balance so I fell too.” Dan said with regret filled in his eyes and then he gestured Theo to fill in with his hand. 

“I was worried sick man, you both were no help. So I did something that I am not proud of, I shot that son of bitch.” Theo moved his shoulders trying his best to calm down his nervous body “but then the both daughters started screaming, the younger one tried to run away, but I threw the first thing my hand can grab, on her head. She passed out too, but I don’t know if she will recover Edmund, I mean there was a lot of blood.” Theo finished his part of the story; his voice was barely audible in the end.   

Edmund thought this was it, this has to be it, but then Theo continued to speak again “and then I checked dad’s pulse...there was none. He is dead, and I am pretty sure that the young girl may not make it too.” 

“This is not happening! Oh my god” Edmund started pacing back and forth, this is far more worse what he imagined it to be. “Where did you fucking learn to aim, you asshole.” Edmund threw himself in Theo’s direction, unable to control his anger anymore.   

But Dan got in the middle of them and cornered Edmund away from Theo. Edmund saw Theo break down and cry hysterically from behind Dan’s body when he was being pushed away.

“I was aiming for his leg but I don’t know what happened, he must have moved, and I accidentally shot him in his heart...I am sorry” Theo managed to blurt it out in the middle of his cries. It was really hard to believe that you can accidentally kill someone for Edmund. 

Edmund should feel remorse for what he has done, the whole plan went wrong because he couldn’t deliver his best, and also he was the one who convinced Dan to bring Theo along in the first place. He should feel ashamed for the ordeal he just caused the Parker family but luckily for him he doesn’t feel any of these things. He feels only one emotion right now, and that is fear. Fear of getting caught

“Did you leave any evidence behind?”  As soon as these words left Edmund’s mouth Dan gave him a look that he didn’t understand very well in the beginning...but his best guess was that it stood for disgust.

“Are you serious right now? We killed a human being today, and god forbids maybe two, who knows if the girl will survive or not, and all you care about is evidence!” Edmund never thought his only friend in the whole world will be disgusted with him one day, but he shrugged it off and pretended to not hear him.

He stormed his way towards Theo and asked the same question one more time, “Just answer my damn question Theo, and can you please do me the favour of telling your cousin to shut up. Before I show him my real humanity.” 

Dan scoffed at Edmund’s threat “you are unbelievable.”

“Theo you have exactly five seconds to answer my damn question and if you don’t then I will shoot you in the head with your own damn gun.” Edmund was done acting like a lost puppy.

“I didn’t left any evidence behind okay!! I was careful, we all were. We were wearing gloves the whole time and our faces were covered. They can’t identify us in any way, now please stop being so scary.”  Theo’s answer gave Edmund some satisfaction but still he was unsure. He snatched the car keys from Theo’s hand, and then spoke.

“Get in the fucking car both of you, I am driving.” 

“I don’t think you should do that...” Dan tried to make his point but Edmund cut him off with his hand, and then took a few steps towards Dan before coming face to face with him “get in the fucking car Dan.” He whispered his name in a very unusual manner while his hot breath fanned Dan’s ear.

Dan felt scared he never saw this side of Edmund. How could he have possibly managed to not see him for what he truly is, in all these years he has been friends with Edmund. He felt tired and heartbroken and finally compiled with his so call friend’s wishes and made his way to the car door. 

Theo didn’t wait for Dan’s approval, and was already making a run for the back seat. Once everyone was inside Edmund started the car and drove away in the dark valley to ditch the car.

Three weeks later

“dearly beloved, we all are gathered here today to pay our final respect to Ella Parker, and we pray to god that, may this child rest in peace” the priest says these final words to the guests who are gathered here to attend the funeral of the younger daughter of parker family.

After three weeks of fighting Ella finally gave up, she suffered a serious head injury. The police didn’t have any leads so they also gave up on the search of the three burglars who destroyed a happy family. The only victim who survived was in great shock. She lost her father and her little sister...yes Evangeline parker was in denial, she couldn’t believe that her family was gone; her mother now had her custody, the same mother who divorced her father, when she was only eight years old.  

While, Eva was lost in her deep thoughts thinking if any of this was even real or not, and in that instant she felt eyes on herself. As if someone was watching her, it was a very alien sensation for Eva, almost too surreal to be true. But nevertheless, she still danced her eyes around to check, nothing was out of ordinary, people were still giving her petty looks and her mother was crying, a bit too loud perhaps, for a moment Eva thought if it was all for show or real?

 But she didn’t find anyone making her feel, as if she was being watched, she tried to shake it off, but inside she knew something was not right. Perhaps, it can be a beginning of something really really wrong?   

I know this is late, I promised tuesday.. but stil haha, please take a moment to vote and comment :) next update this sunday!