chapter 3

Chapter 3

Even in his unconscious state, Edmund could feel his body being dragged by some force, then suddenly his head lost its contact with hard concrete and instead was greeted by wet grass. He was being pulled by his two partners in crime; both of them were pulling him carelessly from each foot, since lifting him seemed like such a hard work. 

“stop.” Edmund finally managed to mumble something out in protest.

“We are almost there buddy, just try to relax.” Edmund couldn’t even make out whose voice was this.  

He heard a car door open and then he was pushed inside, against his will... and then moments later he found himself passing out again.  

Edmund woke up again when his head hit something hard again this was not certainly his day. He took a sharp deep breath before opening his eyes to examine his surroundings; he was in the backseat of his own car, he tried to sit straight up with the help of his elbows but his body protested he fell again on his back with a thump.

“Okay buddy try to relax, you are bleeding.”  Edmund’s curious eyes met Dan’s. He looked worried, but there was something else too, his face was pale and he looked sick, really sick.   

Edmund touched his forehead to see about what Dan was talking about. His fingers were covered in dry blood “so what happened?” he asked Dan who was still watching him with a worried expression on his face while he continued examining the blood on his fingers. This was fascinating to him he has seen other people’s blood but not his own at least not in this amount.  

Neither Dan nor Theo had the guts to tell him what exactly happened after he was knocked out with a lamp so they continued to be silent. Both of them were aware of his anger issues, and it wasn’t going to be any different today either.

“Am I talking to myself here? I asked a question, answer me!” Edmund was feeling nauseated but he needed some answers and right now he wasn’t getting any.  

“Well you know the thing is...” Theo continued on rambling to distract him. It certainly wasn’t working since Edmund soon found himself regaining his strength, and he managed to sit up straight.

“Stop the car!” Edmund spoke while trying to contain his rage to himself.

“What... we can’t do that.” Both Dan and Theo spoke in unison. 

“Stop the fucking car!” he formed a fist with his fingers and punched the car door to make his point.

The car came to a abrupt stop when, Theo pushed the brakes with all his power, Edmund didn’t even wait to answer their questions, he opened his door, and ran away from the car and didn’t stop until there was some few good meters between him and the road.   

He fell on his knees, and couldn’t stop himself from throwing up. His lungs were aching now; this was more like a ritual for him, since he always threw up after committing a sin to cleanse his soul. But today he felt as he will die from the pain any minute, he felt as if he just threw up all his insides.