Berk

A/N: There we go! Comment what you think, and give a heart <3

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Chapter 4

I watched as my Island drifted off into the distance, the fog around the island consuming it until I couldn't see it anymore. It felt exciting to be going to a new island, but scary at the same time since I'd never been away from Stryh before.

I took a deep breath and stepped back away from the rail, legs feeling a bit shaky from being nervous. Berk was going to be so different than Stryh. I remember back to the dinner the king planned before we left, Hiccup had tried to mention something about dragons on his island. He had been hushed though when his father began to talk over him. I wondered what he mean about there being dragons. The way to calmed that Deadly Nadder earlier that day had to mean something about his Island. I'd heard that some islands were beginning to trust and train dragons, maybe that was like Hiccup's island. That thought made me smile a little, it would be so amazing to get to know dragons.

For some reason, my thoughts began wander to John and Carol. I was going to be so worried about them while I was away, I'd never left them before. Thinking about them was beginning to make me a little homesick, but I couldn't help it.

***

I walked to my house, feeling excited that I was going to a whole new island, and numb that I was leaving. I began to see a dim light in the distance, signaling that I was getting close to home.

I opened the door and stepped in, looking around for John or Carol. John was the first to step out from around the corner, smiling upon seeing me.

"Hello, (y/n). How was your new job today?" He walked over and pulled the door shut behind me.

"Pretty good, I had to punch a guy." He laughed a little, ruffling my hair.

"That's my girl. Strong, brave, and beautiful. Is it true that the princess picked a Viking? Or is that just a rumor." I blushed at his comment, then shook my head.

"Yeah, she did. I got to meet him actually, and he seems nice. And that also reminds be something else I want to bring up. Where's Carol?"

"In the other room, I'll go get her." He walked away to go get her as I went over to the couch, sitting down gently. As I did, the springs squeaked slightly.

The two came back soon after I sat down and walked into the small living room. Carol smiled and sat down next to me, John continued to stand, placing a hand on Carol's shoulder.

"You have something to tell us, (y/n)?" Carol asked in her honey sweet voice.

"Yes, I do. So today-"

She held up a hand, silencing me. I looked at her in confusion, wondering why she had stopped me. She simply smiled back and looked up to John, pulling her hand over his before looking back at me.

"We have something to tell you too. So," she began, her smiled becoming even bigger as she prepared to tell me. "I'm pregnant!"

I could feel my jaw dropping, taking in the news. Yes, I was happy for them, but a baby was a big expense. When I noticed I hadn't said anything to them, I cleared my throat and gave them a smile.

"Guys, tha-that's great! I'm so happy for you! But are you sure?" They both nodded.

"We checked this morning, and it's a for sure thing. We've been doing a lot of thinking, and even though money will be tight, we want to have this baby. And we want you to have a sister or brother."