"Okay, I'll make a deal with you. I won't bother you about giving the boys a chance if you go to the Sandlot with me." Benny tried. He smiled when he saw the small smile on Josie's face after moments of thinking.

She nodded. "Fine, Rodriguez. But if they don't get on my good side, I'm leaving." She poked Benny in the chest. "But first, what the fuck is the sandlot?"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"So, how many friends do you have, Benny?" Tulip asked, squinting as they were walking in the burning heat to the Sandlot.

"Um, about eight. Why? You don't have to be nervous if you are. These ones are nice and cool." Benny reassured her, giving a small smile.

"That's what you said last time, and they were dicks." Josie's mutter was barely audible, but her twin brother heard and snickered.

The three siblings perked up in interest when Benny shouted across a field of dirt and weeds. That got group of boys attention, and they came running and greeted Benny excitedly. A feeling of wariness washed over Josie. Spending time with a group of sexist hormonal boys? Definitely not Josie's cup of tea.

Josie felt a strong arm rest on her shoulder, and she immediately knew that it was James. A feeling of calmness took over the suspicion. James always knew when Josie was feeling nervous or anxious, and always would wrap an arm around her or lean his arm on her head to ease her.

The group of boys finally noticed the three siblings standing a few feet behind Benny, and they furrowed their brows.

"Benny, why did you bring two girls to the sandlot?" A kid with red hair and freckles dotting all over his face asked. Josie's brows shot up, and she tilted her head to the side.

"Excuse me?" Josie sassily said. She felt James put more of his weight on her to stop her from trying anything.

"Ham, she wants to play baseball, and since she wants to play, she will play. Now just let her hit the ball." Benny firmly, which Josie smirked at, but still held a burning stare at the freckled kid. Even he started to shuffle nervously under her glare before looking back at Benny.

"Benny, she's a girl! She isn't even supposed to be here. Her and her girly sister are supposed to be at the mall or playin' with dolls or somethin'!" Another kid shouted with gum in his mouth.

"Yes, I'm a girl! And I'm proud as hell to be. So when you say it like it's an insult, expect me to slap the shit outta you." Tulip snarled, causing the guy with gum to widen his eyes and hide behind Benny who couldn't seem to stop rolling his eyes. But that didn't stop the chubby kid from shouting other sexist stuff, but when he implied that Tulip was a girly, prissy brat, she snapped.

"Respect!" She abruptly shouted, interrupting the sexist rants and making everyone go silent. They weren't expecting a kind looking girl with bright eyes and a polite aura to raise her voice.  "Ever heard of it? So what if Josie likes baseball? You can't be the judge of what she wants to do! Now, sorry if I interrupted your ignorant rants, but I suggest that you shut the hell up and stop whining that women are starting to take away your masculinity by doing what 'men are supposed to do'." She barked out furiously. Smiling in satisfaction that she stopped the chaos, she picked up the bat off the ground and handed it to her proud and smirking sister.

As Josie confidently walked over to the pitching spot while the boys were grumbling under their breath as they walked, Tulip stood it front of the red headed kid with a threatening glare. "Just because I really like pink and makeup does not mean I'm a prissy brat. Ya got that, hun?" She rose a brow with a fake sweet smile. He nodded quickly, eager to do whatever it took to make her leave him alone. She smiled in victory and walked over to the side by James to watch Josie teach these arrogant boys a lesson.

"Now, girly, let's see if you can handle my heater!" Kenny playfully yelled. He was on Josie's good side, because he was the only one to not be sexist or a jerk. He knows what it's like to feel injustice and shamed for what you can't control.

"Bring it, DeNunz!" Josie jokingly shouted back.

Josie dug her feet into the dirt, furrowing her brows and focusing on the ball in his hand. She could hear her heart beating in her chest furiously because of the silence. She was eager to show those boys what she was made of. To hit that ball with all of her might. To get the respect she craved and deserved.

Kenny swung his arm back far, before throwing it forward. Hard. But even with the ball spinning in the air fast, her brown eyes still focused on it, determining when she should swing her bat as the ball got closer.

Crack!

The loud impact made Josie smile proudly as it flew out of the lot and over a fence. She could hear a boy mutter, "great, now we need another damn ball."

She smiled widely as all the boys turned in shock to her with their mouths hanging open. She spread her arms out before shouting across the sandlot at the the kid she now dubbed as 'Freckles.'

"Am I good enough for your standards, or what?"

She sure as hell is. Even her looks go well over my standards, Benny thought. He wore a proud smile. He knew that she had the spirit of a baseball player.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Don't you just love my two feminist queens?? I love how writing how they won't take anybody's shit.

But I'm sorry for the long wait! I know I said that I would update quickly, but it's hard living up to the promise. Also, I wanted to thank obssesedvitars  for the support you've been giving me! You're so patient even when I procrastinate all the time! ♥️

Don't be a silent reader.

Comment and vote!

Love you all!