Chapter 4

y/n pov

I felt someone's hand on my shoulder and shook me lightly. "hey Y/n get up" I slowly opened my eyes and saw Booker in front of me.

"I didn't even realize I fell asleep," I said rubbing my eyes 

" Where's Elizabeth?" 

"she's somewhere around here" I stood up and dusted the sand off my skirt "she probably didn't go far" 

we started looking around "hey I'm looking for a girl," Booker asked a man on the beach, " I say you got yourself a pretty one right there"

"not me A different girl with dark brown hair in a braid, blue eyes wearing an outfit you wouldn't normally wear to a beach"

"nope sorry," we said nothing just left.

"airship that could be our ticket out of here" 

" the first lady's Aerodrome It's amazing what the people up here made flying ships were always in stories I would have never thought they were real"

"and yet you're afraid of heights"

"it's a common fear.... except for anyone up here"

" The ride up must of been terrifying for you" 

"I had my eyes closed so I didn't see shit going up and also what the fuck is with almost drowning someone in order to get into the fucking city"

" I have no idea"       

"hmm look at him ladies it's a crime someone doesn't get him a nice set of trunks" I glared at the group of women and the quickly turned away.

"for a place without sin people sure have a lot of sinful thoughts"  Booker looked back at me and smirked.

" Did what the woman said bug you that much"

"no"

"you glared at her" 

"so what does that have to do with anything" giving him a small glare he held his hands up in defense I quickly walked past him "come on we need to find her" when we found her she was dancing with an unknown man going in circles with other couples   

"did anyone teach her not to talk to strangers"

"well I don't think anyone is stranger than us"

"true" Booker called out to her but she didn't hear him Elizabeth soon moved to the middle to start dancing on her own as all the other people started to clap as she danced. Booker got closer to her and called her more as I followed behind until she finally noticed him.

"Hello! Oh...This is wonderful! Oh come dance with me. Mr. Dewitt and Miss. L/n" she grabbed both our hands and tried to pull us to the center of the pier.

(y/n)"OHHH no I can't dance"

(Booker) I Don't dance. come on let's go" 

(Elizabeth)" Why? what could be better than this?" 'anywhere' I said in my head as I crossed my arms.

(Booker) "Well.. How 'bout Paris?" I gave Booker a 'What the fuck don't get her hopes up' look we're supposed to get her to new york, not Paris this lie is going to bite him in the ass later on.

(Elizabeth) "Paris? I don't understand- how would we get there?" He pointed to the first lady airship.

(Booker)"Well, it's where that airship goin', but if you want to stay and dance we can-" 

(Elizabeth) "No! let's go! C'mon Let's go! C'mon let's go right now!" she said grabbing our arms turning us around letting us go as she skips down the boardwalk. she looked like a child whos dad finally agreed to take her out for ice cream I smiled but it quickly dropped as Dewitt entered my view I quickly grabbed his arm and pulled him down to my height level.