A Thank You Note

Dear readers,

The first book of The Etched Ones trilogy, "The Prophecy of Water," is finally complete, after twenty-two months of writing.

Forty-nine chapters done in total, and it was not an easy task at all.

It was a long and exhausting journey with many breaks I needed to take, primarily due to the fact that I was swamped with many obligations, but also since this was the first fantasy novel I have ever written.
Or the first novel, let's be honest. Haha.

I truly appreciate your time and effort invested in reading this book.

If you have any feedback or advice regarding the plot, the characters, the grammar, the style; if you feel something should be changed to make the book better, leave your comments here.

If you have enjoyed the story so far of the three Etched Ones: Squinty, Nalina and Drian and their adventures in the Squareworld, you are most welcome to check out the second book in my saga, once I publish it.

Until then, I shall transform into a reader and a critic of your works.

See you in another adventure!

Particular thanks for "The Prophecy of Water" go to:

-MareiFawn for having read all of the chapters of this book in Spanish. At this point, I actually think she was my only faithful reader in Spanish and let me tell you, she was amazing. All of the suggestions, corrections, and improvements in that language are solely her merit.

-flameloude and AuthorJMColes for their direct, honest and snarky comments that made me laugh out loud and fall out of my armchair, several times. Writers need more readers like these, to tell them what is what, and to be harsh at occasions; not to simply nod and say: it's great! Be sure to check out their books as well since they will take you on many adventures. A warning: don't read @AuthorJMColes book with an empty stomach, her protagonists always have delicious meals that will make your mouth water. :P

-RainerSalt , a binge writer, who has published 13 polygeneric works so far o.O! Actually, I have to admit that, come to think of it, I think of myself more as of a reader of his inspiring opus than as of a true writer.
I promise you it's really something when your absolute favourite Wattpad author, as he is mine, without a doubt, comes to say his piece about your first novel.
If you haven't read anything written by Rainer yet (Shame on you‼️ 😾), and you are into science fiction, be sure to check out "Walking the Ruins." 🚶🏼‍♀️🏰 This is a sci-fi gem about a group of young people navigating dystopian wilderness with their friends, and you are bound to love it as you identify with at least one of the protagonists. Another one of my absolute favourites is "Bunker Bird." 🦅🕋. This is a novella about a young man, Tim, who lives in a post-apocalyptic bunker and obeys the Holy Manuals. 

You can start there, with these two gems, 💠,  but I can assure you, you'll probably get caught up in all of his books!
The by far best-written book in Rainer's (☔️y☺️)opus and the one that I thoroughly recommend as a must-read is "The Egg at a Dumstreet." 🥚🛣

This is a splendid mystery novel with an amazing, highly intellectual protagonist who has a profound and rich inner world one can drown in. It is my favourite thing on the whole platform and most definitely not on my "The Best of Wattpad" reading list for nothing.

-kv_wilson and NineLight for minding my commas, my full stops, tenses, passive voices, vocabulary and grammar mistakes overall. These people practically corrected most of my work and helped other readers to read the novel more fluently by doing so. @NineLight is a sci-fi author who has recently completed a novel "Hacking the Sun" whose protagonist is Jessica, a quirky and incredibly intelligent nerd who is about to undertake the impossible mission. Her character was perfectly depicted and the technological advances and pop references were on spot! @kv_wilson is a Speedy Gonzales author who has literally wrote a trilogy in one year. I don't know how she manages it but she does, somehow. Make sure to check her profile, visit her website and to support the ONE MILLION PROJECT: all proceeds from their short story collections go towards Cancer Research and Homelesness foundations.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016WLQTX

-marjoryk , an accomplished, published author of both fantasy and science fiction, who is an everywoman! Apart from writing screenplays, novels and short stories she is a wonderful off-line and online mom and a proud owner of one of my favourite dog breeds, the Great Dane. Marj is a wonderful person overall and an extremely supportive Wattpad author who will never hesitate to help you out regarding the mistakes you might commit in your opus. Her fantasy novel "Dreadmarrow Thief", a Wattpad featured story is perfect for those of you who enjoyed Harry Potter! "The Invader", the book that made Wattys2018 Longlist is an amazing fusion of mystery and science fiction as we embark upon an adventure on a Pacific Island. Last, but not the least important, the book that is nearing its completion, "The Last Girl Standing " will capture you from the get-go! Resembling the tv shows such as "Stranger Things" and "The Walking Dead" it trails behind the 17-year-old Sierra and a handful of her friends who face an unknown menace originating from a new high tech facility in town. Her strong female leads, pop-culture references and an amazing sense of humour will suck you right in Marj's writing world.

-LadySapphire2018

For being a wonderful, friendly, active and extremely supportive writer. She has encouraged me a lot in my writing endeavour offering amazing comments and constructive criticism.

She is the author of an astonishing fantasy and magical book called "The Seven Kingdoms," that will take you underwater in a thrilling world of merpeople. If you enjoy a coming of age story involving mermaids with a dash of romance and creative worldbuilding, then you are in the right place! Dive into the adventures with Jasmine and her familiar, an adorable dolphin called Bubbles!

MadKea , the author of "Anomalous: The Seven Deadly Sins" and WinterSleep85 who wrote "Nothing is Eternal" and "Everything is Eternal" for their constant presence and incredibly valuable comments and reactions regarding my characters and their behaviour.

They both helped me realize how I could improve my writing in this sector and it is no wonder because it is their forte. Their characters are basically flawless, written with much devotion and fully human. When you read their work you will get immersed into the lives of their protagonists up to a point you will see them alive before you, as if they were flesh and blood.

-vkbloodgood for his silent starring of my work xD He never said a thing, but each time I published a chapter, an hour later, a mysterious star would arrive! I found it a bit creepy and adorable at the same time.

I wish he would update his work "Little Brother," since we haven't heard from him in months! His book is a hilarious uptake on knights of a round table story since the protagonist, Morien is a knight of Camelot who barely escapes his own execution at the hands of the wicked King Arthur. You can say that round tables have turned!

Dante_Greywolf , a fellow fantasy author who, just like me, loves creating complex intriguing worlds and powerful characters readers can relate to. If you enjoy such books, his profile and the book "A Blaze in the Dark" IS your stop! Apart from being an excellent writer, he is also an avid reader and a commenter: Dante has binged The Prophecy of Water in a week or less and I am truly thankful for his insight!

And last, but not the least, AWFrasier , congratulations on making it to the Wattys2018 shortlist with me and thank you for designing my covers, my friend! It has been an incentive for me.