"Favorite...finger?" Connor asks while laying completely sprawled out on my bed. I'm sitting next to his head. We're asking questions to pass the time and to procrastinate doing homework.

"Pinky."

He laughs loudly, "Why that one? Why not a finger that actually has a function?"

"I-I just...it's small...a-and forgotten. I like i-it."

"Okay. Your turn."

"Wh-what's your favorite...d-dessert?"

"Brownies...no, cookies...all of them," he answers, unsure of the answer himself.

"I like b-brownies too. B-but only with chocolate chips."

"Good choice. My turn now. Why do you put up with Jared's teasing?"

"Wh-what?"

"Everyone sees it Evan. He's basically bullying you with nicer words."

"H-he's really the only p-person at school that talks t-to me," I answer his question, desperate to get away from this topic.

"What about me? I talk to you?"

"O-only to trick our p-parents."

"You got me there. Your turn," he smirks and something about it tells me it isn't meant to be wicked.

One Hour Later

"Did you get 34?" Jared asks. We decided to Skype him while we did our homework to spice things up a bit. Connor began to grow quiet when Jared started talking. Does he really have such a big problem with him?

"Jared th-this is English," I say.

"I got 34," Connor says.

"A-are we doing math?"

"What have you been doing Acorn?" Jared asks.

"English!"

A few hours pass and we're still on the call with Jared. How we got to the point of Connor's face turning red from yelling and Jared laughing his ass off, I don't know.

"I'm just saying, normal people don't skip school for a week just to do drugs and show up again like nothing happened," Jared laughs.

"Fuck you! You don't even know what happened!"

"It's happened before! Everyone knows you do drugs all day everyday! Hell, you showed up to school high one day!"

"J-Jared I don't th-think th-"

"Quiet acorn, the big kids are talking," Jared cuts me off. "Now where was I?"

I end the call and slam my laptop shut before he can keep talking. I take it off the bed and put it on my nightstand. "S-sorry. Let's just-...f-finish our homework."

A/N

Sorry for the short-ish chapter. I'm loosing motivation for this story so if anyone has any ideas or something like that, let me know. Okay. Bye.