Connor's been signed out of the hospital. He's seeing a therapist. My mom recommended the therapist I go to but apparently the Murphys have a friend that knows one. I'm glad. Now I have somewhere to go so I won't feel even more anxious than normal.

"Evan, how about you invite Connor over for dinner? His family could come too!" My mom says as she walks into the room. She doesn't knock. "I don't have work tonight and I could make a big meal."

"I-I'll text him when I'm done my h-homework," I say, keeping my eyes trained on the book in my lap.

"Okay, let me know the answer soon though. I need to know how much to cook." She walks out. I get up and close the door behind her before digging my phone out of my pocket. I was already done my homework before she walked in, I was just rechecking it.

From: Evan
To: Connor
My mom wanted to know if you and your family can come over for dinner?

From: Connor
To: Evan
What time?

"M-Mom!"

"Yeah hun?"

"What time...What time do you want them over?"

"Around 5:30 would be alright!"

"Okay!"

From: Evan
To: Connor
She said around 5:30

From: Connor
To: Evan
We'll be over at 5

Five? You're coming over an entire half hour before you have to? He's just going to cause me to have to talk to his family more. I can't handle that. I won't be able to keep up the act.

I get up and walk from my room and to the kitchen. "He said they'll be over a-at five?"

"That's great! You boys can hang out why I get dinner ready, I can talk to his parents...what are we going to do about Zoe?"

"She-she can decide when she gets here."

"Yeah, yeah, of course, let her decide. Okay, go do whatever you were doing."

I nod before walking back to my room. I pull my computer out and turn it on. I call Jared. His face shows up on the screen.

"What shit-hole did you get yourself into this time?"

"C-Connor and his family are coming over f-for d-dinner and they're coming over e-early and I don't know what we're g-gonna do because they're going to expect me to t-talk to them about stuff and I don't know what k-kind of stuff to talk about and what to say and what they'll think of m-me b-because this is the first time we're actually going to have a casual conversation and I don't wanna mess this up because Connor will k-kill me," I ramble.

"Are you done?" I nod. "Good. Just try not to think about it too much, the worst that could happen is that everyone finds out you're lying and Connor will torture and kill you. That kid has some screws loose, I'm telling you."

"You're not helping."

"I know I'm not. That's what I'm here for."

"No, you're here t-to get your car insurance payed for, I-I can complain about you," I try to threaten.

"So? It's already been payed for recently. Whatever, just try to make a plan with Connor I guess. Whatever works with the nut job."

"Yeah, I guess."

Jared starts laughing to himself.

"What?"

"He's a nut job, you're an acorn, what's better than that?" He keeps laughing.

"Goodbye Jared."

I hang up on him.

"Evan! Come help me cook!"

"O-okay Mom!"

A/N

Feel free to point out any errors, as is the same with all my books. Sorry this chapter is shorter. I wanted to save the visit for next chapter, plus you waited long enough for this chapter. I wrapped up the Boyf Riends book so this should be updating more frequently now. I hope you're enjoying reading this as much as I'm enjoying writing this. If you want any mini background plots let me know I'd gratefully consider them. Alright, peace.