I work alone

7 of the biggest gulons poured out of the door. Poor Fitz was knocked to the floor. His sister screamed and dove for him, which was a bit over dramatic. Fitz was perfectly fine, maybe bruised, but fine.

The students were suddenly moving. They were frantically making their way to the exit, bumping and pushing each other just to get out. They all merged into one mob of elves.

Fitz burst out laughing.

His sister rolled her eyes. "This hardly seems like. moment of be laughing." she scolded him softly.

Fitz sat up. "First Biana, those were Gulons! They're harmless! I mean they smell awful but they won't hurt anyone. Second," he gestured to the crowd pushing their way out. "Did they forget they could light leap out of here? Or did they want to make everything more difficult."

Biana helped him off the ground. Fitz held out his hand, "That was great,"-you shook his hand-"I think you've made my week." Biana shook her head disappointedly. "Yes, Biana we can leap home now."

They were gone with a flash of light and sparkles. You hurried off to the last closet. It took a few minutes to find its location, but thankfully you didn't give up. A few students were coming out of classes still, so you discreetly opened the door a crack and walked away. You could hear chaos behind you, but didn't dare to look behind you.

The last thing you needed to find was the abandoned astronomy room. You tried the doors of a few astronomy rooms, but had no luck. You wonder if Keefe had finished already, given that you had taken a much longer time. Once you saw him again you were going to ask how he got so many gulons.

You had checked almost every room in the east wing and were now approaching the west wing. People were talking, no scolding someone. You ducked behind a wall and listened.

"What do you think you're doing?"

You stiffened, bracing yourself for a teacher or even a student to have found you eavesdropping. But no one was there. You quickly realized that whoever was scolding over there had started to interrogate.

"Mr. Sencen?"

Oh no, this can't be happening.

"Was it you who released the rather fowl creatures into this facility?"

Was that Dame Alina?

"No."

"Then why are you smiling, young man."

Definitely Dame Alina.

"Because whoever did it was an absolute genius!"

You could almost hear Keefes smirk in his words. An idea crossed your mind. You weren't sure if it was a stupid or a brave idea, but you didn't care.

"This will result in expulsion. I know either you did it or helped someone do it. It's got Keefe written all over it."

"Ma'am, with all due and respect. It wasn't me. Even if it was I work alone. I don't help people."

Keefe's words filled your head, "If I go down, Im bringing you with." But there he was, lying to a teacher, claiming he'd never work with someone.

And he was doing it so you wouldn't get caught.

You headed back down the east hall opening every single door you came across and leaving it open. Then it hit you, Keefe wasn't talking about an astronomy room, it was an anatomy room!

Now that you knew where you were going, you burst into a full sprint. It was at the very end up the hall. This had to help. It just had to help Keefe. You yanked on the knob, practically ripping it off. The door swung open and

all hell broke loose.