Release the beasts!

"Oh that idiot!" You yelled to the gulons before you. "He just left me! I'm going to prove it to him, just you watch." Yeah, it was a little weird that you were talking to gulons by yourself. But who else could you tell?

"Scram." You waved your hands at the gulons. "You're apart of this as well." You opened the door and the gulons burst out into the hallway. A few screams erupted in the corridor and you couldnt help but laugh. That is until you heard someone yell that the gulons came from the theatre.

You froze, thinking it was all over for you. Detention was in your future. Maybe even expulsion. Gasping, you ducked behind a row of seats. Someone came through the doors. You wiggled your way under the seats trying to put as much distance between you and the stranger as possible.

"Hello?" A soft girls voice said. Panic shot through you. "Anyone there?" The girl got on the floor and you braced yourself to run.

"Y/N? What are you doing down there?"

"Marella!" You scooted out of the seats. "I'm so glad it's you! I though it was another gulon!" You ran to give her a hug to express your relief in not being caught.

"But I spoke to-"

"I was so scared!" You cut her off quickly. "We have to go. Marella, light leap off campus. I'll meet you there." You felt bad for lying but the more time you wasted the more time Keefe had to complete his end of the prank.

"Oookay..." Marella said unsure and with a flash of light she was gone. You felt your whole body relax briefly before you ran off to the east wing.

It must have been odd to see someone running further into the building while some students were running out. You passed 6 students before entering the east wing. They all gave you strange looks. The first janitor closet was easy enough. No one in the east wing had left their classes yet so it was easy to open the door without being noticed.

4 more gulons bolted past, filling the air with a horrible smell. You closed the door and ran away from the scene and down another hallway. Students began to fill the hallway behind you so you picked up speed.

You found the second janitor closet and we're about to open it when Magnate Leto came out of his office and rushed down the hall towards you, Dex was close behind. You vaguely remember Dex saying he had to meet with Leto.

Think! You needed to open the door without looking like you know what's inside. Dex did claim your acting was awful, he'll just have to see how good your acting is now.

You ran towards the door and pulled it open. You gave your best fake scream of surprise when the gulons came out. Then ran over to Dex and put on your best act of being scared.

"OhmygoshDextheycamerightatme!" You rambled incoherently. "I could have died! Or worse smelled bad!" You said dramatically. Dex clearly didn't buy it. A smile returned to his face.

"Come on, Y/N," he laughed softly, "You're too funny." He clearly assumed you were joking around. Which was a relief. Magnate Leto thought the opposite. He bend down and put his hand on your shoulder, "You're okay. They won't hurt you." He trying to calm you down.

Part of you felt bad for that, but Leto ushered Dex away and gestured for you to followed shortly after. All you had to do was sneak off to the other janitor closet.

By the time, you reached the 3rd closet the hallway was alive with noise. Students were everywhere, trying to figure out what the commotion was. They stood in groups chattering. Clearly confused, but not alarmed enough to leave.

"Here goes nothing," You muttered. You neared the closet carefully pretending you were just passing by. You took one big breath before yelling, "GUYS THERES SOMETHING IN THAT CLOSET!"

That caught everyone's attention. The hallway went dead silent and everyone looked at you. Elves began to back away but all attention was placed on that closet. "What is it?" A young female called out. This began more talking, everyone trying to figure out what you were talking about.

You sighed and approached the closet, placing your ear on it. "I hear growling." You announced to the onlookers. More students began to scatter. "Well, open it!" An older male with teal eyes shouted. A girl who looked like the female version of him stepped out and told him to shut up.

"I'm not opening it. Be my guest." You stepped away from the door, not once breaking eye contact with the male. His mood seemed to shift, as if he was trying to put on a brave face.

"Fitz, don't you dare." The female doppelgänger said. She reached forward to grab his arm but he yanked it away. "Biana, there's nothing in there." He looked at everyone else watching him before taking a deep breath and approaching the door.

"I doubt anything's in here, but just in case stand back." Fitz commanded and everyone obliged. So this was the famous Fitz Vacker. No wonder he was the star pupil at Foxfire.

He reached for the doorknob and pushed.