Let the Games Begin

"Rain havoc on Foxfire, of course." Keefe deadpanned.

"You can't be serious." You snorted. Was this kid insane? How would he pull this off? No doubt he'd have detention for weeks.

"I hid a gulons favorite food in various classrooms around Foxfire. You must know how well they can smell things right? Well, I'm going to release them all. It'll go down in Foxfire history!" Keefe pumped his fist in the air.

Okay. He was insane.

"You'll be caught."

"I don't care."

"You'll get detention."

"Been there, done that."

"You could be expelled!"

"All the better!"

There was one thing Keefe was right about. This would go down in Foxfire history. Nothings ever happened like this before. Ever. If he could pull this off...

"I want in." You got off the prop and held your hand out. "You need a partner. I can help, I'll make sure we aren't caught." Maybe you were now the insane one. You looked him in the eyes, waiting for an answer. His face remained expressionless and his arms remained cross.

All at once, his face went from serious to excited. "If I go down. You go down." He held out his hand and smirked, almost as if he was challenging you to shake it.

"Deal." And with that, you were now partners with the greatest prankster Foxfire has ever seen. One that you had previously despised. If only Marella could see you now.

"One more thing," You added, "No more calling me sweetheart." Keefe pulled his hand back immediately and raised them in the air.

"Wasn't apart of the deal..." He smirked, "Sweetheart." It took everything in you not to kill him right then and there. Instead, you glared at him until his smirk died.  He smacked  his hands together in attempt to get rid of the gulon hair.

"Do you trust me?" He questioned.

"No." Not a ounce in you did.

"Huh, so you are smart. I have a plan and I need you to trust me or it will fail." He stopped to pet the baby gulon at his feet. They little guy rolled onto his back so Keefe could pet his belly.

"Hey. Keefe. Up here." You waved your hands in his face. "I need that brilliantly plan of yours, we don't have all day. If you don't start talking I'll do this without you." You placed your arms on your hips to show him you were serious.

He laughed at you.

Well, that's not the response you expected.

Keefe began to pace back and forth on the stage. "Do you know where the janitor closets are? I need you to go to the east wing and release them from there. There is four janitor closets about 19 gulons I believe. Also there's a bunch in the old astronomy room. Be careful with those since there are a lot. Do you think you can do that?" He gazed at you with questioning eyes.

You nodded your head enthusiastically, "Definitely. Sounds easy." You thought it would be a lot harder than this, but it was relief to know it was just opening doors.

"Not all gulons are friendly." Keefe continued, never stopping his pacing. "So be careful. You can't let their scent on you. You'll be a prime suspect when they search for the culprit. Goblins can smell literally everything." He threw his hands in the air to exemplify this. "So they'll smell out whoever has the oldest and most scent on them, since logically no ones going to stick around once they get loose. I'll need you to change your clothing immediately after, go to the gym and steal some gym clothes or something. Got that?"

You nodded once more, hoping he knew you were aware of how important it was to follow all instructions. "Where do we meet once it's over?"

Keefe clearly had not thought about that. "Do you know the cliffs near Havenfield? Leap there. That's the best place to be. They won't search there."

You began to fidget with your cape. Suddenly it occurred to you how much he wanted to pull this off. It also dawned on you how much you did not want to get caught. Foxfire was your life. You couldn't get expelled, not only would your parents kill you, you'd be sent to exillium!

"Alright. East wing. 4 janitor closets. One abandoned Astronomy room." You recited everything you were suppose to do and Keefe nodded to show his approval. He ran his hand through his hair and his trademark smirk returned.

"Whoever finishes last is the loser. The loser does whatever the winner wants them to." He winked at you and you felt your face heat up. "Remember, sweetheart, if I go down, I'm bringing you with me."

And with that the boy with the ice blue eyes leaped away.