Chapter Forty: Xavier [END]

I froze, but then wrapped my arms around my dad's back, hugging him tightly enough to know he was actually here and i wasn't just hallucinating. He was crying, and so was I. Could you blame us? I mean, i haven't saw my dad in years. And he.. well i don't know why he's crying. He left us, after all.

Realizing this, I pulled away, looking at him in confusion.

"W-why are you here? I thought you left for good.. A-are you staying?"I asked hopefully, stuttering.

"I came back to apologize; and to explain why i left in the first place. And as for if i'm staying, well, i don't know if i could. Your mother might not let me.."He said, his face falling a bit.

"But i came to fix things. I heard what happened to you, your mother left a voicemail telling me that she thought she was loosing you, and i couldn't help but feeling like it's my fault.."He trailed off, his voice cracking.

"It's okay dad, it isn't your fault. And i'm sure she'd let you stay. You're my dad."I shrugged.

He smiled a bit. He looked a lot like me when he smiled.

"Come in. Mom left to go to the store a half hour ago, but she'll be back soon. I have to go get my, uh.. friend."I said, walking to my room.

Aidan was at the bottom of the stairs, waiting.

"I need to introduce you to my dad."I gulped, grabbing his wrist and pulling him into the living room without a word. I just kept my head down and tried not to have a panic attack.

"Dad, this is Aidan."I said, gesturing to Aidan and looking back at my dad.

"Hello Aidan. Just call me William."He said, smiling.

"Nice to meet you, William. I'm Aidan Krazer, Xavier's boyfriend."Aidan said nervously.

My dad looked at me, and i nearly killed over and died on the spot.

"You... have a boyfriend?"He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah.."I said quietly.

He looked between Aidan and I before speaking.

"Hm. I can see it."He said, looking between us more.

"As long as he makes you happy. Go for it, kiddo."He smiled.

I'm pretty sure i felt my thoughts stop, and i stood there completely dumbfounded.

"You're not mad?"I asked.

"Nah. I may be an asshole, but i'm not that judgmental. Besides, i lived in Cali for a few years. It's not uncommon to be gay."He shrugged nonchalantly.

"Why did you leave?"I wondered aloud.

"Well, i got a job offer in California. It was a lot more money than i was making, and i felt like i needed to take it because at the time, we weren't doing that well off. It was a good idea at the time. Then your mother didn't want me to take the offer and we got into a fight, so i went anyways and left in the middle of the night, when i knew nobody could stop me. I didn't want to leave you guys, but i couldn't decline the offer. But i quit to come back here. Now i just need you guys to forgive me. If you can't, i'm still gonna live in town somewhere and you could visit if you wanted, but-"

"I'd love it if you stayed with us."I cut him off.

"We just have to take it up with mom."I sighed.

"Yes, that may be a problem. She probably still hates me."He said hopelessly.

I bit my lip and kept my mouth shut. My mom doesn't hate him, but I don't think she ever expected him to come back.

"She should be home soon. You guys just need to talk."I said awkwardly.

"We're going back to my room. Yell if you need anything. Mom should be here soon."I said, dragging Aidan up the stairs.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't!"He yelled, reminding me of mom.

I opened my door quickly and dragged Aidan inside and slamming the door, letting out the breath i was holding.

"What's wrong?"Aidan asked, coming towards me.

"Everything."I said, starting to have a panic attack.

The room got hotter really quickly, and i was breathing heavily. My eyes started burning and i started clawing at the collar of my shirt, trying to breathe. I eventually pulled my shirt off, throwing it to the floor. It still didn't help.

"Xavier, you're okay."I heard Aidan say.

"No i'm not!"I yelled, gripping my hair and and closing my eyes, feeling my head pounding. I felt a tear run down my face and i finally realized i was crying.

I can't take this anymore. As soon as my life is okay something else always happens.

"Xavier, don't pull your hair."Aidan said desperately.

Aidan tackled me and pinned me down on the floor. My hands were pinned above my head and i couldn't struggle much.

"Xavier, stop, you're okay."Aidan said, and i could hear the concern in his voice.

I stopped squirming and eventually Aidan let go. He sat back on the floor in front of me and i sat up too, my breathe slowly returning to normal.

I got up shakily, locking my door. I turned my radio on and music started playing softly. I turned the volume up to the perfect level so you couldn't hear anything outside of my room. I grabbed Aidan's wrist and pulled him up, shoving him on my bed. I laid down with him and pulled the blankets over us both.

Aidan's arm hooked around my waist, pulling me closer to him. We laid there in a comfortable silence, only the music being heard.

Maybe everything wasn't okay.

Maybe my dad came back right when it was okay.

Maybe my life wasn't the best right now.

But for right now, i'm gonna pretend it's just fine.

It's just Aidan and I.

And we're okay.

____________________

So this was in fact the last chapter. Tell me what you guys thought about the ending. I tried to make it a happy ending without it being a happy ending, and i came up with it that way. It doesn't feel like it's ending though. Maybe cause i'm doing a sequel type thing, i don't know.

Anyways, vote, comment, share it!

I love you guys so much.

-Alex

its not over,
Its never over.