Chapter Six: Xavier

"You will be starting a project with your table partners. You guys will create a comic book. I expect effort to be put in..."

The teacher kept explaining stuff but i zoned out again. That is, until the last sentence..

"This is to be done outside school."

Aidan would be my partner. Fuck. I'm in trouble..

Aidan turned to me, staring at me.

"So. Your place or mine?"He asked.

I decided it was best not to speak much. He might make fun of my voice. After all, it isn't common to have a high-pitched voice with a strong German accent in this place. So i did the best communicating i could do.

'Yours.'I wrote on a piece of paper, my hand shaking in the process.

"How's tomorrow?"He questioned.

I just nodded.

This might not be terrible..

*time lapse*

I walked to my locker at the end of the day to see Ryan standing near it. I ignored him and grabbed my lock, unlocking it and opening the door. In a swift motion, Ryan reached into my locker and knocked all my stuff out of it. He ran away, laughing at me using the oh-so-famous 'L on the forehead' and called me a loser.

By the time I got done shoving everything back in my locker, i turned around to see the last bus puling away. I grabbed my bag and ran after it, only to be left in the middle of the lot. I missed the last bus. Great..

I heard a horn and jumped, my heart racing. I looked over to see Aidan in his car, the window rolled down and he was pulled up right beside me.

"You miss the bus?"He asked.

I nodded and looked down.

"Need a ride?"He offered.

I hesitated before walking over.

"Hippity hop in!"He smiled.

I laughed lightly, getting in the car.

"So you want some food?"He asked.

I nodded, seeing as I was actually really hungry since i forgot my lunch this morning..

"Whatcha wanna get?"

I stroked my chin quizzically, thinking but i already know what i want. Getting excited, i perked up and answered him.

"TACO BELL!!"I yelled excitedly.

He looked astounded and i didn't know why. Then i realized something. He just heard me speak for the first time.

Please don't let this ruin everything..