Chapter 22

Alyah Zynneth Cortez (POV)

Yesterday was the best day for me. Tripp brought me to his new condo unit and there we ate the strawberry cake. We also watch 5 movies straight kaya madaling araw na kami natapos. Dito na rin ako natulog. And I woke up today within his loving arms.

Bumango ako ng dahan dahan, trying not to wake Tripp up. Tapos nagluto ako ng kung anong meron sa ref niya. Luckily, fully stuffed yung ref ni Tripp and I cooked egg omelet, bacons and fried buttered rice with green peas.

As I was preparing the table for the two of us, someone hugged me from behind. His smell, hindi pa rin nawawala. Kahapon pa yun. Sobrang bango, it makes me want to cuddle with him the whole day. But I can't my work pa ako at siya din, may pasok.

"Tripp, stop hugging me. Hindi mo na nga ako binitwan kahapon eh." I said as I was facing him, while his hands are on my waist

"Bakit? Nagsasawa ka na sakin?" then he pouted, so cute!

"Ang cute mo talaga! Of course not! And I will never.. It's just that nakakapanibago ka. Nevermind! Kain na tayo!"

He guided me to my seat and he sat infront of me. Sabay kaming kumain nung umagang yun at hinatid niya na din ako sa office ko bago siya pumunta sa office niya. Pagdating ko sa office inabot sakin nung secretary ko yung pinabili kong damit.

"Ma'am, nandito po si Sir Bryce."

"Papasukin mo."

Pumasok si Bryce tapos pinaupo ko siya sa chair sa harap ng table ko. Then he handed me two envelopes.

"What's this?" I asked

"Two envelopes means dalawang balita. Open this one first."

Binuksan ko yung tinuro niya, tapos I saw Kim's profile. So she's an adapted child. That's why her attitude is very rude.

"Then this one. Hinanap namin yung real parents niya. And we found out that..."

I froze. Hindi ako makapagsalita. Tears came as fast as they could.. How is this possible? Kim.. Kim's my sister? What? How?

"Hey. You okay?"

Tumayo si Bryce sa upuan niya at lumapit sakin. He caressed my back until I calmed down. I still can't believe it. I can't imagine her being my sister! She's so evil! Ayoko siyang maging kapatid! After what she did to me? As far as I remember dinumihan niya ang pagkatao ko at pinagbantaan niya pa ako na papatayin niya ako? How could I accept that she's my sister?

"Bryce.. Tell my secretary to cancel all my meetings. I have to go somewhere."

"Wait for me. I'll go with you."

"No. I can handle this on my own. Thank you for helping me. I owe you a lot!"

I rushed down to the basement and drove my way mom's studio. I have to talk things with her. How could they not tell me that Ate Annie is still alive? All this time I thought she's dead!

"Where's my mom?"

I asked the secretary as soon as my feet landed there. She pointed at her office and I walk towards there. I entered silently and sat infront of her. I waited for her to end her call. After her talk she faced me.

"What's the matter Zynneth? Is it your brother again?"

"No. It's about Ate Annie."

Her face suddenly changed from being so disappointed to nervous. I knew it. Mom and Dad hid this from me. From us. How could they?

"What about her?"

"You and Dad told me that she died because of a car accident..."

"Yes." she lowered her head