Chapter 41

"So... You sure Shawn and you aren't dating?" Harry asks.
"Why do you say that?" I ask in return.
"Well you take him to meet the parents, staying with him at his home, also I've seen the way he looks at you." He chuckled picking at his food.
"When you put it like that you make it sound like we're in love." I giggle.
"You both very well could be." He said with a smile on his face as he chewed his food.
"Well, we're really not dating to answer your question. He's just a very loving and kind friend." I smile at the thought of Shawn.
"He sure does have it in for me though, doesn't he?"
"What do you mean?" I ask confused.
"I just think he's a little jealous that I'm stealing away his friend."
"Oh, I wouldn't say that. I just think it's how he is? I remember we fought constantly before we truly became friends." I explained.
"That's not very nice." Harry frowned.
"No, but he does mean well when you get to know him."
"No offense but he's too scary to me for me to want to be friends with him." He said as he lowered his head and whispered it to me. I giggled.
"He can be a little intimidating," I admit with a smile on my face.

"What?" I heard a familiar voice behind me. I quickly turned around to see Shawn standing there, again not looking happy.
"Oh! Hi Shawn, we already got lunch but if you want I'll go with you to get-"
"Cecilia are you scared of me?" He asks cutting me off.
"What?" I asked genuinely confused.
"Did you not just say that I was intimidating?" He asks.
"I-I mean yeah but-"
"Do I scare you?" He asks again not letting me speak.
"Shawn why are you-"
"Listen, Shawn, we were just having a laugh, there's no need to take what we say seriously." Harry intervened, and yet again I was cut off.
"Was I talking to you?" Shawn sneered at him.
"No, but-"
"Then shut up!" Shawn barked and slammed his hand on the table making me gasp and jump in my seat.
"You need to calm down!" Harry raised his voice as he stood up. Shawn just stepped up to him bumping chests with him as he slightly looked down at Harry. But at the moment Harry didn't look the slightest bit phased by Shawn's actions.

"Or what you little punk?" Shawn asks.
"Shawn!" I say firmly looking up at him like he was crazy. He just looked down at me with an all to familiar glare.
"You should go," Harry says. Shawn turned his attention back at Harry and immediately grabs him by the collar of his shirt.
"Oi, what do you think you're doing you-"
"Shawn!" I yelled standing up and putting my hands out, pushing him as hard as I could. He let go of Harry's shirt before he stumbled away.

"What is wrong with you?!" I yelled at him again.
"What's wrong with me?! I thought everything was going great until you decided to run off with this guy! I thought we were..." He yelled back, trailing off in his sentence.
"We were what Shawn?!" I continued to yell at him, fueled by anger at the way he's acting.
"I... I thought we were closer to being an actual couple!" His voice became raspy as he screamed at me. I felt my anger subside as my eyes widened and I looked at him in shock.

"We fucking dance around it and act like we're together but I want to be with you, Cecilia! I want you! I've always wanted you, I've been in love with you since high school alright?! Nothing's changed since then, the moment I saw you here I wanted nothing more than to have you be mine, even while I was dating Lisa it was always you!" He continued to scream at me, his face looked a little red and a vein on his neck popped out, like when he sang but this was obviously different.

I was still in shock, not knowing what to say. Shawn just stared at me in return but with a pained expression. After a moment he just shook his head and stormed out. I took a step forward to follow after him but I felt a hand on my shoulder stopping me. I looked over to see Harry with a sorrowful look on his face.

"Don't. He's uncontrollable, who knows what he'd do to you while he's this mad." Harry said.
"H-He won't hurt me, I know he wouldn't." I tried defending Shawn as I glanced back over, watching Shawn actually stomp out of the cafeteria.
"Are you truly sure about that?" He asks removing his hand from my shoulder. I felt a sense of fear as I fully looked back in the direction Shawn left. My eyes started to water and I shook my head.

"I..." I didn't know what to say and instead started to cry. I felt Harry pull me close to him, hugging me. I just held onto Harry as I sobbed, burying my face into his chest.
"I'm going to walk you home and we'll try to forget about this ok?" Harry asks as he pets my head. I just nod my head not saying anything.