01

one ~ a rainy day

═══ ゚☆ *.☽ ═══
even when it's rainy
all you ever do is shine
═══ ゚☆ *. ═══

Park Jimin

The streets below my window glistened in the dim light of the evening. There was a thin layer of water on the ground that reflected the daylight and gave the illusion that the cars were drifting around on ice rather than water. They seemed to glide effortlessly along the roads, much like how the tiny, shining crystals of rain cut gracefully through the air.

Sparkling, molten diamonds obscured my vision through the third storey window I sat in, but I didn't mind. I had always loved the rain.

I loved to sit in my cosy window seat, too. It had become my favourite spot ever since I moved into my apartment with my best friend, Taehyung, just over a year ago. I would stay there for hours, just watching the world below go by, in my own little daydream as I wondered where people were scurrying off to.

Business men and women would rush around with umbrellas, leaping in and out of taxis or sprinting down the street with briefcases in hand. I would just observe them peacefully, lost in my own thoughts.

Several times over our time here, I had awoken to darkness and Tae shaking me because I had fallen asleep in my comfortable position - my knees pulled up to my chest with my arms hugging them, my head resting against the cool glass of the window.

"Chim, wouldn't you rather sleep in your bed? It's almost one in the morning," Taehyung would say. He worried for my back and my neck, saying that I would ache if I didn't go to bed.

He always managed to persuade me to move to my bed, even though I knew I would be fine. I could sit at my little window with my comfortable cushions all day, doodling into my notepad through the lyrics that spilled out of my mouth, singing along to my music and people-watching the day away.

I had a job and things to do too though; I didn't just sit around all day. I was a dance student, studying and learning at the nearby university and I adored it with all of my heart. Dancing was always something I had loved, even from a young age. It was like an addiction that I couldn't shake, but I didn't mind because it was probably the least problematic addiction ever. I had a small job at a nearby supermarket to pull me through university and even though it paid little, it was enough and I liked it.

I had just arrived home after work. It was a Thursday evening at around 6pm and the rain hadn't ceased all day, much to my delight. Before I settled at the living room window seat I got changed out of my work clothes and made some tea, making sure to make enough so that Taehyung could have some when he arrived home too. He wouldn't be long.

I had met Kim Taehyung in my first year of university when we were thrown together as roommates in our first year. Straight away, we hit it off. He was funny, kind, and the type of quirky that everyone needed in their lives. He quickly became my best friend and at the end of our first year of studying, we found an apartment and moved in together. We were now starting our third year and still living in the same apartment together. Tae was like a brother to me and I loved him with all of my heart - even when he would leave his clothes in every room of the place and clutter it up.

My gaze was torn away from a man running for shelter into a taxi down below, by the sound of a key being inserted into a lock.