Give me liberty, or give me death (Connor Kenway x Reader)

Hello! I hope this is a good comeback! A guest appearance has arrived in the end of the story! A subtle hint of romance and a bit of action! With a miniature story plot!! Wow!! Go wild guys!!

—————————
The very fact that war was in your homeland was hard to accept. It was a raging, bloody, and angry thing. It slaughtered innocents and killers alike- but it also killed friends and family and brought out the cowards and brave ones. The fact of war raging on home soil was also very understandable. No one wanted to go to Britain to fight for their independence; it wouldn't make sense. Having it here meant it would have been easy, right?

Wrong.

It was very hard. In fact, you had to pretend to be a boy and just take your place in the front lines. That's what it started out as- until you moved up the ranks and now travel to assist your commander of a battalion. At first, you nor your family was really trusted in this war and it took a great deal of convincing to move up the ranks. Moving up was hard to begin with- but even harder now.

Your family had immigrated from Prussia and your father had been part of their mercenaries. That very skill of war had been passed down to all seven of his children, in which you being the second eldest. It made your family very dangerous, and since the Prussian mercenaries were hired by the British, everyone became weary around your family. The only way to prove loyalty to such a group of suspicious people was to fight alongside them.

Its where you now were- standing in a winter wonderland of a fort and looking on. You were dressed up as a male and acted as a very close and personal guard to Washington. Your skills and your naturally good nature is what kept you as one of his closest friends and his body guard. He was well aware of your secret, having known your father for awhile. It was another reason he kept you close.

Coming up to greet the two of you was a large man, with tan skin and covered in white. You hadn't personally met him, but on one of your solo missions that you had been sent out on, you saw him at the signing of the Declaration of Independence. He was stoic and nearly fought to get to a man on the other side of the room at the end. You were there to spy on the group of people. There was wind that your family was not only hired by the parliament, but another group of people.

Templars.

You had gone to find out who or where this rumor had originated and as to who they might be. It was a mission that Washington himself had requested you to do. But why were you back?

You had been found nearly half alive in the sea off the side of the coast by Assassins. You didn't have much recollection of why you were in freezing waters besides an Irishman lingering in the back of your mind. After recovering, you had gone back to Washington to further recover and hopefully alert him of what had happened. But the poor man was busy at his job-

"Connor," Washington's gruff voice pulled you from your thoughts, your eyes turning up to the two large men. "What brings you here today?"

Connor- the white robed man- gave a small grunt in response before using his words. "There are British troops that are expanding west. I have not been able to find the man whom is known as Charles Lee either. The leads you had given me were outdated," he informed. His voice was deep, but it was also gentle and filled with concern.

Washington turned to you.

You looked at Washington. Had your reports not been correct..? You frowned then, looking to Connor from the shadow of your tricorn hat. "I was personally following the man," you voiced in defense. Your tone was purposely put an octave lower. "I had sent it out to Washigton as soon as I could- a problem had arrived."

Connor was weary of you- the way he stared you down alerted you that he himself had heard of something from the people. "And how do I know a Prussian isn't helping the enemy?"