Haywired (Jacob Frye x Reader)

Requested by: @embertrion

Note: the reader is a failed experiment of the templars, resulting in a 'Neko'.

Also, totally confused Pearl with the other female of Syndicate lol. So Evie is there just for plot momentum

P.S. this is fluffy. Idk how i got there, but it did

———————

Pearl Attaway treated you like a monster. In a odd way- you kind of were. Large fluffy ears peeked past your soft locks and a long swooshing tail protruded from your pants from a slit at the base of your spine. You were part of a failed experiment, where you were supposed to turn into this full, wild beast. But something was wrong with the chemical compound, and eventually resulted in you. You were treated poorly, given barely any food, and if you were a good kitty you might get a better portion of hot goodies. It was what you strived for every day- to please Pearl and Starrick just to keep yourself well fed for the day.

Often times you were successful, but there were some days that weren't. Much like this one; the assassin Evie Frye infiltrated the base of where Pearl had been set up in the train, with Jacob clumsily crashing in after. It was an all out brawl between the Rooks and Blightars, and even you. You were hissing and sneering at the twins when they tried to get close, the leather strap around your throat using the bell to lightly tinkle and alert your enemies of your presence. It left you to fight, tooth and claw against Jacob while Pearl fought off Evie in a room nearby.

The man had you pinned, your ears flattened and a low growl escaping your throat as you locked eyes. You managed to slip a hand up, sharp claw like objects coming from your nails and you swiped, causing a sharp arch of five marks to trail down his cheek and him to let go. You scurried from under him, running to go and protect your master. Your tail fluffed up, leaping for Evie when Jacob grabbed your waist and spun you back around a different way. You landed with a harsh thud against the cobblestone, head hitting the ground and your vision soon blacking out...

When you awoke, Starrick was glowering down at you. A look of disappointment had you shuddering in fear and cowering at his feet.

"Please don't punish me," she whispered softly.

"Why wouldn't I punish you? You failed to protect Pearl Attaway," Starrick sneered, reached down and grabbing you by your thick locks. You whined loudly, clutching at his wrist and being tossed onto the railroad tracks. "Don't come home until you've killed the Frye twins."

You sat up hopelessly, ears flattened and glancing at him over his shoulder. "Yes sir," you murmured, soon rising up to your feet and scampering down the station. Where would you begin? You looked at your nails, bringing them up to your nose and sniffing the blood that was coated below them. Your eyes closed, now focusing on the stale stench of the male. You will make him pay for that! Eyes open,  you dropped on all fours and body shifting as you scampered across the land like a mutated beast (that you are). Your tail streamed behind you, ears pinned back and growling lowly as you traced for his scent.

The more you searched, the more you grew frustrated and tired. You lost his scent, and each passing day had you weaker than the last. Your body laid limp in a side alley, and your stomach gurgled loudly as it gnawed at you. As you laid there, your eyes  slowly started to open at the strong scent of him. He was now crouched before you, his head tilted and his arms scooping you up. There, he carried you to a train station nearby, and hoped aboard his.

The next coherent thing you knew, you were well-fed and sitting on a bed with a fluffed up tail and pinned ears. Three long scratch marks were present on the stranger's face, having left semi-permanent claw markings from those several days before.  He held a chair up between the two of you, his hazel orbs flickering over your figure.

"Now, what's the hiss-y fit for?" He questioned with a bit of suspicion.

"You killed my master!" You snapped right back, your claws elongating as you 'unsheathed' them and arched your back.

He grew defensive, "If Crawford Starrick and Pearl Attaway were truly your masters, they wouldn't treat you like an animal!" His deep voice boomed, and you instantly relaxed. Your eyes widened, now noticing the difference in how he treated you and how the two 'masters' of yours treated you. You slumped against the bed, defeated and your claws retracted. Your tail curled around you, ears still flattened and your eyes narrowed.

"My name is Jacob Frye by the way," he mused softly, tipping his top hat and giving you the most charming smile. "And what is yours?"

"I don't have one," you mumbled. You were just a half cat lady with a bell connected to your collar that tinkled when you moved.

Jacob looked shocked, soon sitting down at the edge of the bed and you merely crawling closer to rest your head down like a cat's head on its paws. "Well... I think... I think you're like a ________. Yes- your name is now ________." His smile widened, and you slowly smiled with him. You liked your new master already.

Months passed, and you fought alongside the Frye twins when you could. The Blightars ran away in fear if they didn't get caught in your claws. It continued on like this for a long time, until you came face to face with fighting Starrick. Jacob Frye was knocked out while Evie struggled to stay up in the moment. This caused you to be the fighter. Your eyes darkened, fangs bared and claws sharp as you leapt and fought with the crazy Templar. His body writhed, trying to push you off of him but you had a firm purchase on his shoulder. You teeth were sinking further into his collar bone, claws shredding at his clothing and careful not to hit the artifact. However, he yanked you off and hit you hard. Your right ear was torn, and some of your clothes shredded and you landed harshly on the floor. Your body slid, soon stopping beside Jacob and your eyes were closed.

That spurred him on. But what got him livid was hearing Starrick say, "What an animal."

Jacob was up in a matter of seconds, landing on the Templar and beating him with his knuckle braces. His jaw was set, his eyes ablaze and finally knocking him out before dealing a final blow to the throat. His body shook, soon relaxing as you weakly held him to your body. How long had he been seeing red? He let go of Starrick, his head pressing to the soft curve of your belly and your hands gently holding his head. His soft breaths inhaled your comforting scent, his eyes slowly closing and lips pursing.

"_______?" He murmured.

"Yes master?" You responded softly.

Jacob lifted his head, you looking down at him. "Give me a kiss." He pulled you down, hands cupping your cheeks and an intense press to your lips had the notion of desire and affection. Your eyes were closed, his own as well, and his head tilted slightly. The tip of his nose brushed your cheek, his lips in perfect sync and his hands now at your hips to hold you close. He merely pulled away for air, both of you panting slightly before murmuring, "You're my kitten... remember that."

You smiled, soon nuzzling his neck and hugging him as you whispered, "Yes master."