Jealous [Arno Dorian x Reader]

super short story RIP author

Arno was seething. Oh he was just brewing up a storm. His body was hunched down in his seat, shoulders up at his ears and glowering at the table. He could hear your voice nearby- the lightheartedness to it, and the giggles. The giggling always followed a man's deep voice.

If you had made any sort of moaning noise anyone would think that you and your friend were fucking.

However, no such noises were made and your soft tones fell on a jealous man's ears. His eyes were narrowed, and his brown hair came trailing down to gently tickle at his chin. Arno's soft beard was tickling at his hair.

He abruptly stood, making his way to where you had been and peering around the oak doorframe. Your assassin robes weren't... yours. It was his own. Arno's brows furrowed slightly, a sly smirk tugging his lips to his left cheek as he viewed your figure. The coat beautifully draped around you, the purple cotton accenting your figure as you stood in the oversized clothing.

Upon concluding your conversation with your friend, you had waved farewell and turned to meet Arno. His chest was nearly in your face, his right hand gently fiddling with the lapels of his stolen jacket.

"Where did you find this amore?" He purred out, his voice smooth and milky.

"Well I was on my way to return this to you when I ran into another guy. I bumped into him and your jacket wasn't folded neatly anymore. I gave up trying to fold it the way you do but-"

A brow arched. "How'd you get it though?"

You smiled sheepishly. "I borrowed it?"

He frowned, raising hands and air quoting as he spoke, "'Borrowed it'? What does that mean?"

"I was cold and the council didn't get my order for my jacket in yet. Your room was the closest," you explained with a whine, pouting then as you stared up at him within the dimly lit hallway. It was warm, and the faint scent of candles filled your nose.

Arno simply watched you, arms now folded over his chest before he shook his head. "Alright, I'll allow it this once," he promised.

Once.

You had turned to another man and respected Arno's wishes. To be rather honest, you had a crush on the Master Assassin. It was no surprise you wanted to be with him (and smell like his scent) but even a man can be blind to your attempts.

You had tried to flirt- to show your love- but nothing worked.

You figured that maybe he didn't like you, and so you moved on. Your coat had arrived, its color a beautiful teal and accented with crème. However, from your last mission out you had to send it to a seamstress. You didnt trust your own hands, so someone else doing it for you was the better option.

It was all bloody too. Some of it yours, some of it your enemy's- the norm.

So, here you were at about noon, trudging down the hallway in your friend's oversized jacket. It was a gentler, earthy color. An evergreen hue with the accents of black and silver buttons. It fit his personality as well, and you would be lying if you said that you didn't like him more than a friend.

The two of you had gone and worked on missions together, ate together, and even bonded and became Master Assassins together. Your friend- his name Jean- was more than infatuated with you as well. Though, your feelings for Arno caused the two of you to stop exploring anything past friendship.

Arno lifted his head from the newspaper, eyes locking on your tired figure as you trudged right to the once elaborately set up table. He looked... Angry. His brows were furrowed, his jaw clenching as he eyed that familiar uniform.

"Amore? Why do you seek other men's jackets?" He suddenly bit out.

It caught you off guard, once sleepy eyes now wide as you stared right back into Bistre colored eyes. "I-I was cold, and this was the-"

"Closest?" He mockingly questioned.

Your own brows furrowed in frustration. "Why are you acting like an asshole, huh? Arno, Jean was kind enough to lend me his jacket while mine is sent off to be sewn together. I cant walk around without a jacket."

"But why not my jacket?"

"Because you said you would allow it only once that time," You countered, watching his face relax to small surprise.

His mouth dropped open slightly, soon looking to you as your brows arched upwards.

"Oh."

You hummed in agreement.

"Well... _____, Amore... My love," he inhaled, soon rising to his feet and looming above you. His hands clutched your shoulders, eyes wide and scared as he stared you down. "J'aime," he mumbled, soon cupping your face in the large palms of his hands.

Arno's face ducked forwards, nose brushing your cheek as he swallowed your kisses whole. His eyes fluttered close- as well as yours- as he expertly kissed you. Your hands clutched as his chest, pulling away for air as he seemingly followed. He planted little kisses to your jaw, a smile forming on your swollen lips.

"You're so cute when you're jealous.." you commented blissfully.

He chuckled softly, soon nuzzling your neck as he whispered, "Only for you mon amour.. only for you.."