15

Alpha Sam

"I'm glad that you followed my advice since the last time we spoke" I told Michael as I watched him sit down in one of the seats in front of my desk. I had called him here since I wanted to speak to him about an upcoming meeting that I'm having with a nearby pack. He is still my Beta after all.

"Of course, Alpha, anything to get you and your mates' trust back" He bowed his head. He was slowly regaining my trust, making sure to keep away from Eclipse.

"I have recently received a message from the Night Blood pack, they need our help with training their pack in a few weeks, since a lot of them are slacking. I'll be taking you and a few other pack members" I informed Michael. He nodded his head and smiled.

"Of course, Alpha" He bowed his head before leaving my office. I sighed and twirled around in my seat. Eclipse was with Carlos and his friends at the moment. I know I can trust him, that's the only reason why Eclipse is with him and nobody else.

I suddenly heard a knock at my door. I got up from my chair and walked over to open the door. I smiled down at one of my pack members as I opened the door to reveal him.

"What can I do for you?" I asked him.

"There is someone waiting for you downstairs, says he's called Drew Bursh" He replied nervously.

"Thank you for telling me, I'll be down in just a second" He nodded his head before quickly leaving.

I step back into my room and close the door. I have only ever met Drew once while at a pack meeting with multiple other packs. He was very kind and seemed like a loyal man, so I trusted him. He was also a very loyal friend of his Alpha. I walk over to one of my drawers and pull my hoodie out. I don't want him to know about my true identity since he is from another pack. Word could get out. I need the werewolf world to trust me before revealing myself.

I pop my hoodie on before making my way to the living room where Drew is most likely to be.

"Alpha Sam" Drew greeted me as he stood up from the sofa. He hadn't changed a bit since the last time I saw him.

"Hey Drew" I pat his back before sitting down on the sofa. I didn't want to waste any time, I wanted to get straight to the into why he was here. "So, I called you over here to ask you if you would be able to tutor my mate? She has a very low level of English and I want her to improve. Not for my benefit but for hers" I usually speak with a deeper voice around people that don't know that I'm a girl.

"Of course, Sam, anything for you and your mate and also, congratulations on finding your mate" He smiled genuinely at me.

We were both interrupted by the front door opening. I turned and immediately smiled.

"Sam" Carlos hollered as he came in wheeling Eclipse inside on her wheelchair. "Eclipse eats so much. Are you sure she's meant to be skinny?" I laughed at his comment. I saw Sofia come in shortly after, her hand intertwined with Carlos'.

I quickly walk over and pull Eclipse into a hug. I haven't seen her all day and that is already too much for me. I'm so used to her being around 24/7 that the thought of not having her here with me all the time is unbearable and just completely unimaginable.

"This is my mate Eclipse" I said as I pulled away from hugging Eclipse and turned to look over at Drew, who had suddenly gone silent. He had stood up from the sofa and was staring at Eclipse with an unreadable expression on his face before he quickly covered it with a smile.

"Hi there. Eclipse" The way he said her name made me feel anxious. I didn't know what it was, but I do know that it was definitely something. The feeling of anxiousness was there. I could see that Carlos and Sofia felt the same.

I turned to look at Eclipse and immediately felt her fear. This put me on edge. I felt a small growl erupt from my chest as I felt this need to protect my mate. My mate can never feel fear.

"I'm sorry but I need you to leave" I told him suddenly. He was the cause of my mate's fear which means that he has to leave.

"But, I though you needed my help?" He said. His eyes had widened, clueless to the cause of my sudden change in attitude.

"I said, get out" I growled out. He gulped before saying goodbye and quickly leaving.

I took deep breaths to calm myself down. Having still not marked my mate makes me super territorial and over-protective of her. I suddenly felt a tug on my shirt making me look down. Eclipse had rolled herself over to me and was taking a hold of my hand. She was helping me calm down.

I felt Danver completely calm down along with myself making me smile brightly down at Eclipse.

"I'll just get someone from this pack instead to tutor you" I spoke out. She nodded her head in agreement and smiled. I decided that it was probably best to head up with Eclipse. She still seems quite shook from Drew. I said goodbye to Carlos and Sofia before carrying Eclipse upstairs. I will be taking her to the pack doctor soon since her leg was probably almost healed. Once her leg is completely healed I'm going to try and see if she can shift for me. Danver has been aching to see and hear Eclipse's wolf.

"Are you okay?" I asked Eclipse as I laid her onto the bed. I pulled my hood back so she could see my face. She hadn't stopped looking uncomfortable since she first saw Drew.

Eclipse shrugged her shoulders while laying herself down on the bed. She stared up at the ceiling. She crinkled her nose cutely before looking at me. I couldn't help but smile. Eclipse makes me forget everything, even something as important as the Drew situation right now.

"Stop being cute" I groaned and plonked myself down next to Eclipse. I brought my hands up and rubbed my face before bringing them back down. I looked over at Eclipse to find her already looking at me. We both blushed and looked away. No matter how old I was Eclipse always makes me feel like a lovestruck teenager. She makes me feel butterflies with just a single look. I looked back over at her and grabbed a hold of her hand to grab her attention. She looked over at me and smiled brightly. I grabbed a hold of her hips and pulled her body closer to mine.

"Can I kiss you?" I asked, breaking the thick silence.

Eclipse didn't hesitate before nodding her head and leaning in. Our lips met in a fiery kiss. I pulled her body closer to mine, if possible, while still kissing her. Every touch was intensified by x1000 as the air quickly heated up.

I pushed Eclipse's hair out of her face before rolling her onto her back while still being careful not to hurt her. We soon enough pulled away to get some air. I took that as my chance to trail my lips down her neck to her collarbone, where I started to suck lightly. A loud moan mixed with heavy breathing came out of Eclipse's mouth as I continued to suck.

I trailed my mouth back up to hers when I knew for sure that I had left a mark on her neck. Since I can't mark Eclipse just yet, I've found another way to show others that she is mine and most certainly taken.

I reconnected our lips for a quick kiss before pulling away and looking at her. Her hair was dishevelled and extremely sexy.

I leaned down and whispered into her ear "You are the most beautiful amazing person on this earth".

Sorry for the long wait everyone. Hope you enjoyed the chapter.

I'm thinking of changing the name of the book to 'Eclipse'. I just want your opinion.

So basically. 'Eclipse' or 'My Unexpected Mate'?