*1

Eclipse

I don't know exactly how long I had been roaming the woods as a rogue. Could have been a few minutes or a few hours. All I know is that they never gave me a pack of delicious cookies to eat. I was so hungry. The more I walked into the depths of the woods the closer I could feel my death. The further out I go the more chance I have in running into a rogue.

I still couldn't believe it. The pack that I had grown up with had just kicked me out and made me rogue. I could feel a small stinging pain in my chest, growing the further I walked. Life was never good there after my parent's death, but I had a home. A home where I still had memories of my parents in forms of pictures and objects. I had the pack they both grew up in. Now all I have are the memories that I had formed with them.

I decided that the best thing to do for now was to run and stay clear from pack territories and other rogues. I may be a rogue but I was not like the others, never like the others. The others are the ones that killed my parents. I still remember that day like it was yesterday, and I wish I didn't. I wish the memories of that day vanished from my mind.

I wiped a tear that had fallen down my cheek. I shook my head in an attempt to shake those memories out of my mind. I can't think about that right now, I have more important things to think about.

I really wish I could have a cookie right now. They are my favourite food. They make me feel better when I'm feeling sad.

I immediately froze when I heard a sudden loud growl from behind me. I slowly turned around, scared that if I made any sudden movement, I would upset whatever was behind me. My heart almost stopped when I locked eyes with two wolves, their eyes full of hunger. These were definitely rogues. They looked very much like the rogues that attack my pack all those years ago. Hungry for death. I could feel my heart beating loudly in my chest. So loudly, I'm sure that the two rogues could hear it from where they stood a few meters away from where I stood frozen.

The only thing that ran through my mind was RUN. I finally got out of my frozen state and took off in the opposite direction. I wasn't paying any attention to where I was going but on the pounding sound of the rogues' paws hitting the ground close behind me, driving me to run faster.

I ducked under branches and swerved around trees to try and shake them off my trail. Nothing seemed to be working. I continued running but I soon started to grow tired and I knew that sooner rather than later they would catch up with me. It was my inevitable death, albeit sooner than I had expected.

One root stuck up higher than the others had, sending me tumbling to the ground as my foot caught onto it. There was no time to get up and run from the rogues only feet away from me. I closed my eyes and waited for my death.

For a few seconds I thought maybe I had gone numb when I couldn't hear or feel anything happening to me. Maybe the rogues had killed me quicker than I had imagined? I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. The rogues had stopped only a few inches away from my body.

I used this as an opportunity to shuffle my body backwards, away from the wolves out of instinct. The rogues made no move in following, they just stood frozen staring at me.

I stared back in confusion.

They were first to break the eye contact by turning around and running off. I could hear them let out a low howl.

I sighed in relief and slumped back against the tree. I took this time to catch my breath. Everything that just happened rushed through my head.

"What are you doing on our pack territory"? I was so caught up in my thoughts that I never heard anyone approach. I turned my head to the left where a naked man stood, staring down at me. He had black hair and a scary glare on his face.

I squealed and covered my eyes with my hands, not wanting to see the man's dangly bits.

"Stand up and answer me!" He shouted. I quickly stood up and looked down at my feet. This was a habit I had gained from my old pack. I hadn't spoken since the day my parents died. I learnt that speaking was useless if nobody was going to listen to me, and it just stuck.

He suddenly grabbed my arm roughly and dragged me along behind him. I whimpered as his hand came in contact with my arm. He held my arm with an iron grip that I knew was probably creating a bruise.

I kept my head down as he dragged me to who knows where. I made sure to never make eye contact with him, only bad things ever followed after making eye contact with any of my other pack members.

The man suddenly stopped, making me bump into his back. He growled at me "Watch where you're going, rogue". I saw that we had now reached a more populated area of the territory. Not many people were here but I could see a few buildings in the distance.

"Beta Michael, is this the rogue that got into our pack?" I heard someone ask. I lifted my head up slightly to see who had spoken. I saw a tall and muscular man standing in front of a dirty looking door. I couldn't help but wonder what was on the other side of the door.

The tall man opened the dirty door after a curt nod from the Beta. I was roughly pushed through the door and down the stairs. The closer we got to the bottom, the worse the smell got. The need to gag was strong when we reached the bottom. The smell seemed to not bother the Beta as he led me through a hall with a blank expression.

It was very dirty in here. It was obvious that they didn't care too much about hygiene down here.

We passed many doors before stopping in front of an open one. The Beta pulled me into the room and shoved me onto the floor. I let my body hit the ground harshly before sitting up into a sitting position. I could feel the Beta's eyes on me, cutting through the side of my head like a knife.

"I'm going to give you one more chance to answer me. What are you doing on our pack territory?" He growled down at me.

I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. I haven't spoken in such a long time that words couldn't form in my mouth. I looked down further in shame making him growl loudly before kicking me in the stomach. I fell on my back and held my stomach in pain, coughing loudly from the loss of air.

I saw him lift his foot before bringing it down hard on my leg. I screamed out in agony. My leg was for sure broken. Tears left my eyes as I tried to shuffle back, away from the angry Beta.

"I'll be coming back for answer with the Alpha and you better have them. Or she...em, he won't be happy" He snapped at me before slamming the door shut behind him.

Alpha's are not nice; my last Alpha was always mean to me. If the Beta was like this, then I could only imagine how horrible the Alpha could be.

I pushed myself back against the dirty walls and held my leg, in hopes that it would relieve the pain slightly.

It wasn't long before I heard a nearby door slam open. Simultaneously my nose was filled with an incredible smell. It was the most amazing smell ever, even better than freshly baked cookies.

The door leading into my room was soon slammed open. "This is the rogue that got into the pack territory" I heard the Beta say, making me cower further into the wall. I really don't like this guy.

Another man came in after the Beta, with him the smell increased in strength. I assumed he was the Alpha; I could feel some sort of powerful aura come off of him. He hid his face with a hood making his presence scarier.

I could feel the pride roll off the Beta as he stared down at my pained face. The pride was quickly replaced by fear once he heard the next words of the Alpha.

"Mate." 

***************

Hope you liked it.

Leave a comment.