"Margaret stop" He hissed. She looked startled for a moment, and then composed herself. "Well, I'll be leaving then. Beth is waiting at the mall"

She flipped her hair and strutted off down the path. "I'm sorry. I didn't know she was in town. Let alone Fabian's mother" He looked down at the ground, frowning at it.

He looked worried.

Perhaps he was scared Beth would want Fabian back?

"What's worrying you?" I asked. He looked up at me through his lashes. "I'm not entirely sure that Margaret and Beth are unaware of my career position" He mumbled.

"What?" I had no idea what he was trying to say. It just sounded like mumbo-jumbo. "I think Beth found out about me being rich" He looked up at me, fear spread across his handsome face.

"If she has found out, would she really come back for Fabian? She ran at the chance to leave him with you. What makes you think she's going to come back and pretend like nothing happened?" I whispered, handing Fabian to Marco.

He sighed and walked to stand in front of Fabian's pram. He placed the now sleeping Fabian in his pram and strapped him in. "Let's go. I think that's enough drama for one day" He laughed softly and took my hand.

We walked in comfortable silence back to Marco's car, forgetting about Margaret and Beth. This day was perfect and I'd hate it to be ruined.

"Would you like to come over for dinner? My mother will be joining us of course but she'll be on her best behaviour. I'll make sure of it" I thought about it for a moment, considering my options.

Go and avoid nasty remarks from Giulia or leave and go home, snuggle up and just enjoy a nice movie. "That's alright. I was just thinking of going home and watching a movie. I'm sure your mother won't mind me missing out on dinner"

He looked disappointed, but then bounced back. "Can I join you? My mother can look after Fabian"

"Sure but your bringing popcorn, I ran out last night" I laughed. He smiled and stopped to pull out his car keys. "What about some wine?" He asked. A small grin made its way onto my face.

"What are you suggesting?" "I'm suggesting a romantic movie and dinner with a nice bottle of Merlot. Maybe a bit of chocolate too?" "Sounds good to me"

We stop in front of his car and he opens the door for me. I thank him and climb inside the car. Marco takes Fabian from his pram and straps him into his car seat, closing the door quietly so he doesn't wake him.

He folds up the pram and puts it into the back of the car. Then he walks to the drivers side and jumps in, starting up the engine.

We drive off towards his house listening to the radio. "So, Fabian isn't joining us this evening?" I asked. "No. I think it's about time we had a little time to ourselves" He answered.

"But what if your mother is busy?" "Then I'll call Eve, she didn't have to go to school today so she will be free tonight" He said, turning a corner.

"Fair enough. Can I ask you something?" He nodded, "Sure" "Where's your father? Your mother is here but she's by herself" He glanced at me then turned his eyes back to the road.

"My mother is seeing Fabian and then she is going to a fashion show in Italy. My father isn't one for fashion and shopping so he stayed home. He has a dog, Alistair, that keeps him company when mother is flying around the world" I laughed quietly.

"A dog? I would still be lonely even if I had a dog" He laughed with me, smiling at me. "Do you have any pets?" He asked.

I shook my head, "No. I used too when I was living with my dad but I live in an apartment now. Pets aren't allowed "

"I was going to get a puppy for Fabian. I read somewhere that babies and puppies are really good with eachother. They look after each other and teach each other things"

"Really?" I asked, curiously. "Yeah, I read it in a magazine. They did a study on it" I nodded my head intrigued.

"I reckon Fabian could use a friend. I'm sure he has none other then Eve. You probably don't like to put him in child care centers, that's why you have Eve" I observed.

He smiled and grabbed my hand. "This is why I like you so much. You notice things other people don't normally see" I laughed quietly and intertwined our fingers.

"That is true. I've always been able to do that" I started telling him about the stories of when I was younger and spotted all the zoo animals and yellow cars before my brothers. They would always be annoyed and try and spot them faster.

I miss my brothers. I should really try and see them all again soon. I could use a bit of family catch up time.