Chapter 2 - by EmmaWeasleyBarton

Elena POV

“And I want the essays by Monday,” Snape sneered. He hated me and Rae more than anyone in our year. I had to remember to ask my father if it had anything to with when they were younger.

Fred as always was at my side and George was at Rae’s when we had our free period. My heart was beating faster than usual.

“Elena?” I heard Fred ask. I turned to him and accidently dropped my bag on his foot. He yelped and I started freaking out.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean too. I’ll just be going.” I picked up my bag and went to the library. Fred and George rarely went in the library so I knew I could be alone. I pulled my dark hair back into a messy bun and started writing the essay. I knew lunch was after the free period and I also knew Fred would ask me to write his essay. Sometimes I wondered if he really cared about me or if he was using me to further his grades. I’ve mentioned this to Elena and she always said I knew better than that. I did but sometimes it was the way he acted.

Someone sat in front of me and I looked up. “Oliver Wood?” I was shocked. He’s usually working on Quidditch things. I always fancied him too but I never told Rae.

“Ello Elena. I have a question for you. It's important." The way he said that I figured he wanted me to help him with his homework or actually do his work.

I crossed my arms. "I'm not doing your work for you."

He smiled at me. "No not what I want wanted. The seventh years are having a dance and I wondered if you'd like to go with me?"

I grinned, "When is it?"

"A month from this saturday."

"Wait is that the weekend of the first hogsmead trip?"

"Yeah, we can go together if you'd like?"

"I don't know. I promised the Weasley Twins and Rae about haning out that day."

He smiled. "Ok, just let me know." He got up and left. I finished my essay and went to lunch. I ate my lunch quickly and went to see my father. I knocked on his office door.

"Come in."

"Hey daddy." He looked up and smiled.

"What can I do for you sweetie?"   "I have a problem. I like two guys but I'm sure one of them likes me but the other I'm not sure."   "Ah...I knew this day would come. Times like this makes me wish your mother were here." I nodded.     "Me too." I looked at the clock and said, "I gotta go before McGonagall gives me a dention."   I got up and went to class. My seat was next to Fred. He looked at me and asked, "Will you help me with the essay?"   "No." He looked at me. I never said no to him before.   "What?"   "You need to do you own work for once." He gave me a look that said he was hurt. I looked over and saw Rae and George laughing. She noticed that there was tension between me and Fred and frowned.   I turned back to face the front. The rest of the day went by a blur. I was thinking about saying yes to Oliver. Fred caught up to me before I went to find Oliver.   "What's wrong?"   "Nothing." I yanked my arm free.   "You've been acting weird. Are my good looks to good for you?" he joked. I ignored him and went on my way.   "Lena," Fred called.   "What?" I nearly growled. I stopped. I almost growled. I looked at Rae in horror and ran upstairs. My father is a werewolf.