Chapter 1 - by xXMade2LoveXx

Hey guys! So, I'm co-writing this story with emmalovesdraco. Hope you enjoy it! Fan her too and tell us what you think! This is the first time I've co-written something, so I'm pretty excited :)

____________________________________________________________________________

**Rae’s POV**

“They’re going to fail their OWLs,” I tell Elena.

“Mmm…”

I click my fingers in front of her face.

“Awaken from dream land,” I laugh, “they’re going to be back soon.”

“Why do we put up with this?” Elena asks, turning back to Fred’s potion essay.

“Well, it’s the hazel eyes that do it for me,” I smile.

“And the ginger hair,” Elena adds.

“And the fact that there’s two of them,” we say in unison.

“We’re hopeless,” Elena sighs, laughing, “completely hopeless.”

“Here they come,” I whisper. I can feel my face heating up already. Fred and George flop down in the seats next to us, covered with mud and looking exhausted.

“Hello, ladies, how’s it going?” George asks, putting his feet up on the table.

“It’ll be going to Snape covered in mud if you leave your feet there,” Elena says, pushing them off.

“I haven’t finished yet,” I tell George apologetically, blushing.

Okay, so Elena and I have been best friends with these two since the first time we set foot on the Hogwarts Express and I still get shy around them. What is this? WHAT IS THIS?!

“That’s okay, I can finish it off,” he says. Elena bursts out laughing.

“Leave it to the professionals, boys,” she smirks. Fred ruffles her hair up and she pushes him away playfully. I watch, a tiny bit jealous. I’m not quite as outgoing as Elena is, although I’m more willing to take risks. I guess we both take after our fathers.

“Well, Miss Lupin, if you insist on completing our homework, I’m going to have a shower,” Fred says.

“Good, you smell terrible,” Elena says, “go on, shoo.”

“Farewell Miss Black,” Fred says, giving me a mock bow. George throws me a wink and I turn into a human tomato.

“How do you do that?” Elena asks, “after five years, how do you still blush when you talk to them?”

“Shut up,” I growl, “I’ve finished, I’m going to bed.”

“But they might come back,” Elena says teasingly.

“I don’t care,” I lie, “give that to George, will you.”

“Whatever you say, Boss,” Elena shrugs.

I climb upstairs to the dormitory and change into my pyjamas. I sit on the window seat and stare out at the stars. My breath fogs up the glass and I draw a little heart in it.

“Thinking about your Father?” Elena asks, appearing behind me. I shrug.

“I don’t care about him,” I lie.

I remember the day that Dad told me that I’m adopted. I felt completely shattered and confused. If I wasn’t Rae Lupin, who was I? Rae Black. Even after five years of being Rae Black I still miss being Rae Lupin. I miss being Elena’s sister because, even though Dad says that I’m still a part of the family, I’m not. Not really. Not in the way that I was.