Chapter 18 - Combined Chapter

**Oliver's POV**

"What's wrong?" I ask. Elena is staring at Rae from across the common room. She jumps slightly at my voice and shakes her head as if trying to clear it.

"Nothing," she says quickly, "I was just thinking."

"About?" I prompt.

"Nothing," she mutters, turning to her homework, "it doesn't matter."

I sigh heavily.

"Did you guys have another fight?" I ask, bored. She glances at me with a small frown.

"We don't really fight that much," she says. I force myself not to roll my eyes.

"No, I know you don't," I say, "I didn't mean it like that."

"I know," she sighs, "I guess I'm just a little strung up."

I rub my hand over her shoulders.

"Do you want to take a break?" I ask. She shakes her head.

"I'd rather just get this done," she says, "it's just that... Well... I think Rae was crying last night."

"So?"

"So, she doesn't cry," Lena exclaims, "like, hardly ever!"

"Lena, forget about her," I say as Rae leans over the table to look at something Fred is writing, "she's not worth it."

"She's my sister!"

"No offence, Elena, but neither of you really act like it," I snap, standing up, "I'll talk to you later, I'm sick of hearing about Rae all the time."

"Oliver!"

I turn back to Elena. She's staring at me, looking shocked and hurt. I glance behind her and see Rae, Fred and George watching me. They look away quickly. I sigh deeply and turn back to Lena.

"Look, I'll see you later, okay?" I tell her more gently, "after practice."

"Okay," she nods.

"I love you," I tell her, walking away, the words like ashes in my mouth.

Elena pov

What was Oliver’s problem? I just didn’t get it. He was the one who told me to distance myself. I only listened to him. I notice Rae, Fred, and George coming toward me. I quickly walk through the portrait hole. I didn’t want o hear it from them. I went to the only man who I knew would never hurt me.

I knocked on my dad’s office door. I heard his voice say, “Come in.”

I sighed and entered. The minute I walked in, I started crying. He just held me. “What’s wrong?” I spilled it all out. He frowned. “Honey, if he’s telling you to stay Rae, that’s not a good man. Think it over and decide if he’s good for you or not. He’s making you choose him over your family.”

“You’re right he is. Fred and George hate me now.”

“Oh, I don’t think anyone could hate you.”

“No, they do.” I sighed and wipe my tears. “I’m such an idiot. Why am I an idiot?”

“You fell for someone and took a chance. That’s a part of life. For all I know, he could be helping. Just think about if you really want to be away from your family or not.”

I nod. I looked at the clock and Oliver would be done with practice and showering. I had been crying for a long time. Oliver met me on the steps when I was on my way to see him.

“Hi,” I whispered. “Can we talk?”

He smiled that adorable smile, “Yeah, I know just the place.” He led me to an area with trees. We sat down and he just started kissing me. I needed to talk to him but he was distracting me. We started snogging. Slowly he was reaching his hand up my skirt. I stopped his hand.

“What are you doing?” I asked confused. I wasn’t ready for that yet. I loved Oliver. I just wasn’t ready for that yet.

“Showing you I love you.”

“Oliver, I’m not ready. I’m only 15.”

He pouted. “I thought you loved me. Don’t you love me, Lena?”

I frowned. How could he doubt that I loved him? “You know I do.”

“Then let me continue.” He started kissing my neck.

“I said no.”

“Please Elena?” He pouted. He started rubbing my thigh.

“She said no,” a voice said. I prayed that it wasn’t who I thought it was.