chapter 6 butterflies

Osomatsu held Karamatsu's hand tightly as he, once again, led him out the front door. Karamatsu tried to keep up, occasionally stumbling every now and then.

Karamatsu had trouble watching where he was going. The scenery was so colorful, the flowers glowing in the dark. It was really distracting.

Butterflies surrounded him as osomatsu practically dragged him along the path. He felt like he was a child in this somewhat make believe world.

He reached his hand out, letting a butterfly or two land on his hand. One even landed on his nose, causing him to almost silently chuckle before it flew away.

A large, blue butterfly landed on his finger, its wings fluttering and illuminating in the dark. Karamatsu examined the butterfly's unique pattern, a look of awe on his face as it fluttered away.

Karamatsu heard the faint sound of water in the distance. It really was a peaceful sound.

Osomatsu stopped at a lake, brightly colored trees surrounding it. Leaves and petals blew in the wind, landing in the calm water. Butterflies fluttered above the water, lighting up in the dark and leaving a faint glow in the reflection of the water.

Karamatsu's eyes lit up before Osomatsu finally spoke up. "I like this place." Osomatsu said calmly as the trees swayed in the wind. "Its so quiet and peaceful."

Karamatsu only nodded as a butterfly landed on his head. Osomatsu chuckled as he watched another land on Kara's hand. "Geez you're like some kind of magnet." Osomatsu said, scratching the back of his head.

Karamatsu laughed, staring up at the sky. He paused realizing something before turning towards Osomatsu with a look of curiosity on his face. "Hey Osomatsu um... Is it always dark here?" Karamatsu asked.

"Well yeah. I've never actually seen sunlight but really there's no need for it. Pretty much everything here glows in the dark or lights up anyway" Osomatsu said, shrugging.

"I see" Karamatsu said, letting the butterflies fly off. There was a pause before Osomatsu turned towards Kara with a grin. "Hey Karamachuu" Osomatsu said, a look of mischief on his face.

"Hm?" karamatau barely had time to say before Osomatsu splashed some water at him.

"Eh??" karamatsu exclaimed, wiping the water off his face as Osomatsu laughed. "Come catch me~" Osomatsu said quickly before running into the trees surrounding the lake.

Osomatsu! Karamatsu yelled before running after him. Osomatsu was no longer in Karamatsu's sight but Kara could still hear his footsteps in the distance.

"Osomatsu!" Karamatsu yelled before tripping over something and losing track of where Osomatsu was entirely.

"Nng.... Osomatsu...? Where did you go?" Karamatsu said, slowly standing up. "Where are you?!" he yelled, dusting off his pants.

"Who are you looking for?" an unknown voice said from the distance. "E-eh? Who was that? Hello??" Karamatsu asked, backing up.

The voice was deep. It sounded almost threatening but somewhat familiar.

A black cat jumped down from a branch on a tree, startling Karamatsu.

"Who are you looking for? The cat repeated as he stared with his unusually colored purple eyes.

Karamatsu was too shocked to reply. Sentient flowers now this?! He thought, staring at the black ball of fur.

"You gonna talk or what? I don't have all day." the cat said, glaring at karamatsu with those deep purple eyes of his.