chapter 2 flowers

Karamatsu continued to walk towards the mirror, not even knowing what would happen when he got there.

It was almost like he was in some sort of trance, like he was under a weird spell.

The voice wasn't threatening. It was soft, calm, and welcoming. Osomatsu's voice.

Is that why he hasn't turned back?

He was now only a few inches away from the mirror. He couldn't see his reflection anymore.

"H-hello?" He asked as curiosity took a hold of him. "H-how do you know my name?"

No response

He reached his hand out towards the mirror to touch the glowing glass. His hand went through it. He jerked his hand back as if he had just touched fire.

"Come in Karamatsu".
"Come in and see me". The voice said, beckoning for Kara to come closer.

"I..." Karamatsu looked at the mirror again. Hesitantly, he reached his hand towards the glass and paused, thinking. "What would happen if I went through? Is it even safe?" He asked, not completely sure if this was a good idea.

"Karamatsu"
"Come here"
"Come and see me".the voice said, a little louder and more firm, but still managing to sound welcoming.

Karamatsu stared for a couple of seconds at the faint glow of the glass. Making up his mind, he reluctantly crawled through cautiously and slowly.

.....

"E-eh?!" Karamatsu frantically looked around trying to figure out where he was. He was in a house he didn't recognize. The walls were colorful. A string of little electric paper lanterns hung from the ceiling.

"W-where am I!?".Karamatsu asked as his eyes adjusted to the light. He was in a living room with a soft carpet and furniture that looked really comfortable.

He slowly stood up and winced. His knee stung. There were cuts on his knee and rips on his pajama pants. "How did that happen"? He slowly looked behind him. The mirror was hanging on the wall, still faintly glowing. And below it was a broken vase.

He must have fallen on it when he came through the mirror, He thought. He felt guilty knowing that the vase doesn't belong to him but he would have to worry about that later on.

Walking ,almost silently, he peeked into the other room,curiosity making him continue forward.

"Hello? Is.. is anyone here?"

No answer

He quietly walked into a kitchen where there was a bright light and a sweet smell.

Everything in that house was colorful and everything was beautifully decorated. It reminded him of something out of a fairy tale.

He sighed turning back to see if he could get back home. "Maybe I should- AAah! He stumbled backwards and fell, hitting the floor hard.

"Ow.."

"Hehe sorry did I scare ya?" A voice asked. Osomatsu's voice. Karamatsu immidiately looked up at his older brother.

"What are you doing here Osoma-". He froze. Osomatsu's skin was pale, almost white, his eyes were as red as blood and they glowed faintly in the dark. There were no whites in his eyes, just black. Osomatsu smiled. His grin was wide and unnatural, his teeth sharp like thorns. To be honest he didn't look human.

"What do you mean "what am I doing here?" I live here after all" Osomatsu chuckled as Karamatsu stared with a look of pure confusion on his face.

"Y-you're not Osomatsu"