chapter 5 heart of gold

Ichimatsu heard the faint sound of footsteps, each step getting louder and closer until Todomatsu has reached the top of the stairs.

"What are you doing Ichimatsu Niisan?" Todomatsu asked with slight annoyance in his tone as he took out his earbuds.

"Are you harassing Karamatsu Niisan again or something?" he asked, giving Ichimatsu a dirty look.

"Why can't you just let him live-" Todomatsu started but was quickly cut off. "He's hiding something" Ichimatsu said as he stared directly into Todomatsu's large, demonic eyes.

"What?" Todomatsu asked with a confused look on his face as he stuffed his phone into his pocket.

"He was talking to someone. I don't know who but I heard another voice and when I opened the door he was gone" Ichimatsu said with a serious look on his face.

Todomatsu scanned the room, looking for any traces of his older brother. " there's gotta be an explanation behind this. Maybe he just left the house or something" Todomatsu said nervously

"Left the house?! What do you mean left the house we're on the second floor and the only way out is through the window or the balcony there's no way he left!" Ichimatsu yelled

"Well where else could he have possibly gone Narnia?!" Todomatsu yelled, not able to think of a good explanation.

Ichimatsu stared at Todomatsu with a look of annoyance and frustration in his face.

"Also why do you even care where he went? He'll show up eventually!" Todomatsu said, putting his earbuds back on.

"And when he does, why not just ask him, I'm sure he'll tell you"

Ichimatsu exhaled, motioning towards Todomatsu. "No he won't tell me. Like I said, he's hiding something from us. He completely ignored me when I asked him what he was doing. That's not like him"

Todomatsu was standing by the staircase, looking back at Ichimatsu with an unamused glare. "Well then just do what you always do. Just bully an answer out of him Todomatsu said before heading down the stairs.

Ichimatsu gave Todomatsu an annoyed look. " I don't bully Karamatsu!" he said slightly offended. Todomatsu was only halfway down the stairs before he stopped and turned towards Ichimatsu with the glare still present on his face.

"Yeah sure, believe what you want" Todomatsu said before turning up the volume on his phone and walking away.

"Tch" Ichimatsu said" crossing his arms as he looked away from Todomatsu with a scowl on his face.

He turned towards the empty room, staring at nothing in particular. "It better not be something serious Shittymatsu"

________________

Karamatsu stood in the doorway, staring with a look of pure awe on his face.

"You know, you have a really good singing voice" he said, not knowing what else he could possibly say.

Osomatsu smiled, getting up from his seat. "Thanks Kara" he said, closing the piano.

Osomatsu ruffled Kara's hair, catching him off guard. "E-eh?" Karamatsu managed to say, not able to process the act of affection towards him.

Osomatsu chuckled. "Pfft- Wow you really are just like-......like..." Osomatsu paused, the smile disappearing from his face but only for a second.

"Like what?" Karamatsu asked, noticing the slight change in Osomatsu's demeanor.

"Oh its nothin important" Osomatsu said with a smile on his face. "You sure?" karamatsu asked, staring at Oso with slight worry in his expression.

"Yeah its nothin for you to worry about Karamachuu~" Osomatsu said in a cheerful tone.

"Mm.. Alright if you say so" karamatsu said, letting out a sigh. "Um.. I hope its okay that I just kinda came here without you really telling me to-"

Osomatsu stared as he quickly grabbed Karamatsu's shoulders, cutting him off. "You can come here whenever you want. Trust me, I won't stop you!" Osomatsu said with a gleeful expression on his face.

"Really? Its okay?" Karamatsu asked as Osomatsu nodded happily.

Karamatsu couldn't help but let a smile spread across his face.

"Oh! I almost forgot" osomatsu said, grabbing Karamatsu's hand and practically dragging him into
The living room.

"E-eh? Osomatsu?" Karamatsu asked as he stumbled, trying to keep up with Osomatsu.

Osomatsu stopped at a dresser with a little wooden box on it. He reached for a key around his neck that was being hidden by his white scarf. Osomatsu paused, holding the key tightly in his hand as he let out a sigh.

"O...Osomatsu?" Karamatsu asked as he furrowed his brows.

Broken from his trance, osomatsu quickly unlocked the box, pulling out something small and shiny on a long chain.

A heart locket. It was a bright gold and really shiny. It looked untouched, almost new.

Osomatsu held it in his hands as if it were the most important thing on the face of the earth, which to him it was.

"I...this locket belonged to someone really, really important to me but.... The past doesn't matter anymore so I want you to have it y'know as a gift." Osomatsu said with a slight chuckle.

"I..... Osomatsu i-I can't take this, i can tell that its really important to you"

"No i insist. Please take it Karamatsu. You have no idea how much it means to me. I really want you to have it." Osomatsu insisted.

"I.... It would make you happy?" karamatsu asked, looking up at Osomatsu.

Osomatsu nodded almost immediately. "It would make me really happy if you took it" Osomatsu said, staring with his red eyes, darkness surrounding his pupils.

" well... I guess if you really want me to have it then its okay but if you ever want it back just let me know."

Osomatsu smiled, giving the locket to the second born. Karamatsu hesitantly put it on, admiring it as Osomatsu smiled gleefully.

Osomatsu suddenly grabbed karamatsu's hands, looking at him with an exited expression. "Come on, lets go. I have a lot more of this world to show you!"