Chapter 13

Oooo I've been excited for this one

Hope you guys are as excited as I am

(Also this one is gonna be long)

Now, while I fully believe that going to school with information-hungry teenaged girls was quite daunting, accompanying Brendon Urie to dinner may have been one of the most anxiety-inducing events in my life.

I recalled him taking me to my room last night, long after Lily left, and he stayed with me for a while.

"Would you like to go to dinner with me tomorrow night?" I remember him asking, clear as day.

I feigned being flattered. "Well, well, if I wasn't aware that you're an arrogant ass, I may have thought you were asking me on a date."

He gracefully sat on my bed and snickered. "Smart girl." Brendon reached out a hand to me, and I rolled my eyes and took it. As soon as he had a grip on me, he pulled me to sit next to him. "Sometimes I need to go out to maintain a. . . reputation."

I scoffed and mumbled an "Of course."

"And," he continued, "it always seems like you'd rather be anywhere but in this house. So I figured I might as well ask you to come along."

I was not quite sure his three-story mansion with a million—or what seemed like it, anyway—rooms could qualify as just a "house", but I very much would rather be doing anything than staring at the same intricately carved vase or getting lost in the corridors. "Will anyone else be there?"

"I'm meeting a few people. I have some field partners, a few shares of some businesses that a man wants to talk to me about, and a whole shit ton of media reporters who are dying for me to go out in public so they can make up some story about it." He patted my thigh loudly. "So, what do you say?"

I let out an anxious sigh. "You're willingly exposing me to the media so they can make up rumors and ultimately end up following me to school to ask if I'm banging you on the weekends? I'll pass."

"Hmm, but Lu comes every time and there's never been anything like that about her and me."

"That's because they probably know that she raised you-"

But he butted in yet again. "Wear something nice and look important and nothing will happen. Trust me."

He had seemed oddly determined to take me out with him, so much so that it seemed I hadn't had a choice.

Yet, as we walked inside the low-lit, fancy restaurant, I was glad he dragged me out.

The place offered a thrilling, yet sophisticated vibe, and entranced me, begging me to stay. The white table clothes had patterns of flowers etched into the fabric, the waiters and waitresses wore black silk, and every object seemed to be worth more than anything I've ever owned.

Brendon confirmed his reservation, a few people staring at him, and held his arm out for me to hold as the hostess led him to our table. He pulled out the chair for me and made his way to sit right next to me.

A male waiter, who introduced himself as Jim, quickly asked us what we'd like to drink, and strode away as quickly as he came.

Brendon leaned in to my ear and whispered. "Now, babe, we're a little early, but they'll be here soon. Be a good girl for me, huh?" I could feel his tempting words on my neck, the heat of his lips near my skin, but he pulled away more quickly than I would have liked.

"I'm not being good for anyone." Jim came back with our drinks and I took a swig of my water, harshly setting it back down. "I can make my own decisions, thank you very much."