T w e n t y T h r e e

Skye's POV

I put my coat on and walk out the room, looking down the hallway to see if Dante is close, but he isn't. He probably went down to the main area of the club, which is going to make it even harder to find him.

I walk to the indoor balcony that gives a view of the entire dance floor. The whole club is packed with people. It's kind of like Where's Waldo except instead of a nerdy guy in a striped shirt, I'm looking for a gorgeous man that should be on the cover of magazines.

I spot him at the bar, and notice that he is already talking to another girl. She smiles and moves closer to him, then places her hand on his chest. Her blond hair flows beautifully down her back.

Fuck this, I'll just be single.

I mean it's really not that bad, anyway. I can flirt with anyone and I don't have to care about whether I'm being cheated on or falling out of love with someone. Being single is easy and simple, and Dante is complicated and unpredictable.

I turn around, ready to go back to the private room, but I accidentally walk into someone. "Wow," I mumble when I look up.

The guy I walked into smiles at me. "Sorry, darling. Are you alright?"

I stare at him with my jaw half on the floor. He's tall with light blonde hair and blue eyes. I just want to lick his face. Damn.

"Oh, I'm sorry, do you not speak English? Est-ce que tu vas bien?" he asks. And he speaks French, too? My ovaries are screaming in joy right now.

"Are you single?" I ask.

"Oh, so you do speak English." He chuckles. "Yes, I am. Why?"

"You wanna make out?"

He raises his eyebrows. "Un . . ." He glances around. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, isn't that what people do at night clubs?" Or so I've seen in the movies. My parents are—do I say were now?—quite strict.

"I'd usually ask to buy you dinner first." His smile nearly knocks me off my feet. "But there's not a bone in my body that wants to say no."

I smile and take his hand then lead him to the private room. He waits right outside the room for me, while I kick the two delinquents out.

"Guys, get out," I tell Keelan and Jensen.

They both glance at me and then shrug and walk out. When they notice the stranger behind me, they frown.

"Where's Dante?" Jensen questions.

I shrug. "I don't know. Probably still at the bar with some girl."

"Mate, I like girls, but I'd go gay for you," Keelan tells the stranger, staring up at him with admiration, and the stranger smiles and winks.

"Wait, you are straight right?" I ask the guy.

He laughs and nods. "I wouldn't really agree to making out with you if I wasn't," he states.

"Wait, making out?" Jensen repeats. "Does—?"

"Jensen, just go get drunk downstairs and enjoy your bachelor party. I'm going to be busy, so just... shoo." I lead the stranger into the room and shut the door.

"What's your name, by the way? I'm Bentley," he says once the door is shut.

"Like the car?"

He chuckles. "Yeah, I guess so."

"I'm Skye."

"Like that blue stuff above us?" he teases.

I roll my eyes and then pull him closer to me. "Just kiss me."

"Yes, ma'am," he whispers and then leans down and places his lips against mine. He lifts his hand up to my cheek and deepens the kiss.

We slowly stumble back until I fall back onto the bed, and he falls with me, landing right on top of me.

I pull away from his lips for a second to get comfortable on the bed, and then I pull him back onto me. After a while he bites my lip and turns the kiss French.

Heh, I'm French kissing in France.

Oh my god, can my mind just shut up for one freaking moment? I'm supposed to be an adult and I find stupid shit like that funny.

Someone pushes the door open and walks in. "Skye, I know it's probably just a joke but those two idiots said that you were making out with some—" Dante stops talking mid-sentence.

He stares at the two of us and I awkwardly slide out from underneath Bentley and stand up. Would it be rude if I asked Dante to leave, because it was actually kind of fun until he walked in?

"Can I talk to you outside, Skye?" Dante says and rubs the back of his neck, glancing at Bentley.

"Yeah." I turn to Bentley, who is still on the bed. "Don't move, okay? I'll be right back." He nods and smiles, getting comfortable.

I walk out the door and follow Dante all the way out the club. The sky is completely black and the stars are twinkling in the darkness.

"What the hell, Skye? Why were you kissing that guy? Do you even know him?"

"Did you know that girl you fucked?"

He opens his mouth to reply and then hesitates. A frown forms on his face. "Is that what this is about? You're kissing some guy because you're jealous of what happened with me and that girl. Are you trying to get back at me or something?"

I scoff. "Get back at you? This isn't high school. I just want to have fun so why can't you just let me do that?" I ask.

"You kiss me, then you go and put my friends face between your legs and, not even a few minutes later, you have a strangers tongue down your throat!"

"I'm sorry that I kissed you, okay? It was a mistake. We were on the top of the Eiffel Tower and it was so beautiful and romantic. I wasn't thinking. Anyway, you told me to do that stupid dance for your friend. That's the only reason you brought me to France, remember? To be a stripper! I'm doing what you said I should do." I push his chest, feeling angry. "I can do whatever I want. You don't own me."

"I know I don't own you . . ."

"So then let me be reckless, too. Let me enjoy something." Because then I can stop thinking about how I lost everything when I was left behind.

"That kiss that we shared, those feelings that came out of nowhere, that's not normal for me. I really like kissing you."

"That sounds like a you problem."

•=•=•

Hi! I hope you guys are splendipulous (lol). Love you all <3

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylaawrites
Y o u t u b e : xThePineappleGirlx

Lots of love and jelly tots - xThePineappleGirlx