Burnt Tomato Soup and Dirty Grilled Cheese

Taehyung was known to steal anything that wasn't tied down.

His family had abandoned him when he was barely eight years old, hence he had to steal for continuation of his daily life. However, stealing became more of a hobby than an act of survival. He fancied breaking into houses and collecting, treasure, is what he called it. He wouldn't even care if anybody was in the house with him, he never cared if he got caught; he'd just go away for a while, then eventually come back and do the same thing.

That was... Until he met somebody different.

It was just a normal day for Taehyung; stealing bikes and other stuff he didn't even need. Around six o'clock, he was wandering around a nice neighborhood. He discovered a really fancy house in a cul-de-sac; he approached it cautiously and went into the backyard. They might be at a dinner party? Taehyung thought walking to the back door and put his hand on the doorknob. Expecting it to be locked, he took a paper clip from his pocket and started to fumble with the lock. He heard varies sounds coming from the lock and he was just about to finish when-

"You know it's unlocked, right?" Taehyung heard somebody say.

Taehyung froze, not wanting to see whom the voice belonged too.

"Can you move away from my door, please?" The voice asked calmly.

Taehyung slowly stepped away from the door and faced the wall behind it, still not looking at the presence behind him. He was planning on running but something stopped him, rather a somebody stopped him.

The boy (?) had grabbed his wrist. "Are you a cop?" Taehyung asked, trying to pry the boy's grip off of him. "Can you let go of me?"

"I'm not a cop. I wanted to ask if you would like to stay for dinner? I think you need it." The boy half smiled.

"Oh, just because I'm a thief, you think I need food?"

"You're homeless, I've seen you amongst the streets and... I want to help." The boy said, still not letting go of Taehyung's wrist.

"I get enough food, I don't need help." Taehyung scoffed. "Now please let me go."

"Please stay for dinner... Please?"

"Why do you want to help me so much? You don't even know me. You don't even know my name." Taehyung rolled his eyes.

"Well then, what's your name?"

"I'm not giving away my name." Taehyung pulled his arm, trying to get away but Jungkook just tightened his grip.

"Okay, that's fine. My name is Jungkook if you were wondering. And Jungkook wants you to eat with him." He smiled and opened his door, dragging Taehyung in the house.

"So it wasn't locked...?"

"No, I never lock it." Jungkook began, "But I should start, now." He spoke, shutting the door behind him. He set Taehyung down at the table.

"I never agreed to this." He rolled his eyes, standing up to leave the house.

Jungkook noticed Taehyung stand up, "Yah! Sit back down! You're staying right here to eat."

"You sound like a parent." Taehyung scoffed, but nonetheless obeyed Jungkook and sat back down in the chair.

Jungkook ignored Taehyung's comment and started on dinner. "I'm making some tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches, Is... that okay with you?" He asked, turning around to face Taehyung.

"I've never had it, but- I mean, it sounds good, so... Sure."

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows. "You've never had tomato soup and grilled cheese...?" He asked, not believing what Taehyung was saying.