Part 18

Avery: (thinks) What the hell happened?

Narrator Avery: I don't know where I am, I'm not entirely sure what happened to me. All I know is that I have a killer headache. It felt like I was sitting on a chair. When I tried moving my hands, I knew instantly they were tightly zip-tied to the chair. 

(shuffling)

Avery: (thinks) There's someone here.

Narrator Avery: I didn't open my eyes or move my body, pretending I was still knocked out. 

Jack: Yea, she's still here. No, she hasn't woken up yet. 

Avery: (thinks) He must be on the phone with someone. 

Jack: Don't be long, the sooner this is done, the sooner we can move on. 

Unknown: I'll be there in twenty minutes, watch her until I come. 

Jack: I'll see you then.

Narrator Avery: After I heard the man hang up, he began moving towards me. I forced my body to stay completely still as I felt his heated gaze on me. 

Jack: You know, my orders are to watch you, only watch you. Do you wanna know what I say, screw that. 

Narrator Avery: I suddenly heard the noise of a pocket knife being flipped out from its resting position. 

Jack: Now, why don't we have some fun. 

Narrator Avery: I focused enough to put my training into action. As the man laughed at himself, I felt his breath fan in front of my face. Before I could react, I quickly head-butt him, sending him falling to the ground. 

Avery: It's you! From the bar. 

Jack: Surprise! Yea, I'm not actually gay...But I have nothing against them either. 

Avery: So what, you faked being gay just so you could capture me?

Jack: Well yea, but there's more to it than that Avery. 

Avery: Ok, how do you know my name?

Jack: (laughs) Wait, you're being serious?

Avery: Ok, you're crazy. 

Jack: No, I'm  Jack. Nice to meet you. Well since you ask, you're very well known in the Gang World. Along with being Ace Martinez's girl & the one the Angel of Death wants, it makes for a really exciting story. 

Avery: So you know the Angel of Death?

Jack: No one knows him, they only know of him. He must be awful looking if he's too afraid to come out of hiding. 

Avery: How do you know he's afraid to come out of hiding?

Jack: Do people know anything? Well the man gets other people to do his dirty work, it's quite obvious isn't it? He hasn't got the balls to do it himself. I could probably take him out myself. 

Narrator Avery: Ok, it was clear that this guy was one slice short of a whole cake. He must have mental problems or something. Maybe I should use that to my advantage or would it be too risky? This wooden chair is old looking. If I tip it to the side, I'm sure it would break, allowing me to be free. 

Avery: Do you wanna know what I think? I think you're a weak little boy who can't throw a punch to save his life. 

Jack: (laughs) You're completely wrong.

Avery: Then prove it tough guy.

(jack breaks the chair & avery is free)

Jack: You don't know what you've just gotten yourself into.