Part 5

(school)

Ace: We need to go straight to my house after school.

Avery: Why? Is something wrong?

Ace: All I can say that there may be another attack.

Math teacher: I hope you all took your day off to mourn the loss of our fellow student. It's such a terrible ordeal indeed. In response to this, the principal is going to every classroom in order to speak to all of you.

(knock-knock)

Math teacher: I was just informing the students about your arrival.

Principal: Thank you Sir, if I may?

Math teacher: Please, take it away.

Principal: First off, the council is open to anyone who feels the need to talk. If you're too shy to talk to friends, please go to see her. The police have now issued a curfew to all students.

Everyone: Aww!

Principal: Now now, this will keep you safe! Both Tara's parents have agreed that no school activity should be canceled. They believe Tara would have wanted all of you to have fun while she's gone. So, the dance tomorrow will not be canceled. That's all. Thank you.

Math teacher: You heard her, the dance is still on.

Avery: Is that even a good idea?

Ace: The curfew, no way, that sucks.

Avery: You know what I'm talking about.

Ace: Keeping the dance on? No, I don't think it is...

Avery: (thinks) Oh no...

After class...

Ace: Meet me by my car after school. We have to go straight to my place.

Avery: Ok.

Jordan: Avery can I talk to you? Alone.

Ace: I'll see you later.

Jordan: Walk with me.

(outside)

Avery: So, what did you want to talk about?

Jordan: Ace Martinez? Really Avery?

Avery: Why do everyone use his full name? What's wrong with just Ace?

Jordan: What the hell are you doing with Ace?

Avery: I'm not doing anything with Ace, Jordan. Wait, why do you think I'm doing anything with Ace?

Jordan: News travels around this place very quickly Avery. There's rumors that there's a thing between you guys.

Avery: And you decided to believe that?

Jordan: No, of course not.

Avery: Then what is it Jordan?

Jordan: He's not good for you biscuit. He's trouble & you're not. Don't let him mess with you.

Avery: He's not.

Jordan: He's probably only taking you to the dance to have a good night afterwards.

Avery: Are you serious Jordan? Do you not think I would have been able to sense that already?

Jordan: Of course I do. But I also want you to be safe & you're not with him. I care about you biscuit. I just don't think it's a good idea. I'd rather if you went with...

(Ring-ring)

Avery: Sorry, one minute. 

(Incoming call-Ace Martinez.) (Decline)