Part 14

Mom: Girls, time to wake up.

Avery: Mmm. (mom leaves) Kendall, I'm going for a shower & you better be up by the time I come back.

Kendall: Mm hmm

15 minutes later... (kendall still sleeping)

Avery: Kendall!

Kendall: Ahh! (falls off bed) Was that really necessary?

Avery: Shower. Now. (after getting dressed)

Kendall: You ready?

Avery: Let's go.

In kitchen...

Avery: What do you want?

(tv is on)

Reporter: Urgent News Update! Thank you for joining us on 7 News. We are happy to say that school girl Tara has been returned home after being found on the side of a dirt road. Tara said to us "I am so happy to be home with my family, with whom I have missed dearly. All I wish for is for things to go back to normal & to go back to school so that I can see my friends & peers." Police are investigating this as we speak. That's all from us, bye for now.

Kendall: God, I hope she's ok! Something like that can have a real negative impact on your future self.

Avery: Yea, I hope she's alright.

(at school)

Avery: I'm taking it you saw the News Report then. 

Ace: Yep.

Narrator Avery: I looked up at Ace once he said that, he pretty much sighed that word out. Ace leaned on the neighboring locker with his arms crossed.

Avery: (thinks) Of course he looks amazing in that dark shirt. Those muscles, wow. God, I am so lucky.

Ace: Avery?

Avery: What?

Ace: This is me noticing you staring.

Avery: Sorry.

Principal: It's so nice to have you back Tara.

Tara: It's good to be back.

Narrator Avery: It made my blood boil... She made my blood boil acting all innocent. Fishing out some sob story about how horrid the last three months have been.

Avery: Nope, no way.

Narrator Avery: Just as I was about to walk over to Tara, Ace spun around & quickly stopped me. He put either of his hands beside my body trapping me to my locker.

Ace: I know what you're thinking but the answer is no.

Avery: She's lying to everyone!

Ace: Keep your voice down Princesa.

Narrator Avery: Every time I tried looking away from Ace, he followed me with his eyes.

Ace: Now look at me.

Narrator Avery: I looked up at Ace. I was met by his soothing clear eyes.

Ace: Don't get me wrong, I would love to walk up to her too. But I'm not just going to whip out my gun in a high school. We need to be smart about this, play it safe for now. When the time comes, we'll get her ok?

Avery: Fine.

Narrator Avery: Ace brought his lips down to mine & kissed me softly.

Ace: Now, I'll pick you up at 8 tonight.