Fine Lines

(Note, this is not my story I'm only translating it into a Jelena story...it's obviously from Vampire Academy)

Feeling his hands all over me was intoxicating, even though we were technically in the middle of a fight, I couldn't help the feeling of excitement as we struggled for dominance, our breathing harsh.

His blow made me wince in pain, yet in a way it was as pleasurable as every contact of our bodies was, the line between the two extremes dissolved.

I don't think I'll ever stop thanking God or whoever, whatever it was that brought us together, that made him my mentor, no matter how inconvenient the fact actually was. Even if I had the power to change it all, I never would. Screw the heartache and all the pain this situation brought to me, I would never, ever, ever wish it didn't happen.

Of course, I wouldn't mind if it were different to the extent where we could be together. Oh, well. I guess I just have to live with what I get. And it wasn't all that bad, especially at moments like this, when I let myself hope that his control would slip, just for a one lingering moment.

How likely was that, I wasn't quite sure. Unlike me, he always seemed so focused. On the other hand, he couldn't possibly be immune to the electricity that sparked between us at every contact.

"Cut the daydreaming, Selena." Justin's voice reached me.

Yeah, it was probably time to stop drooling over my fantasies and avert my attention back to the practice. I wasn't all that eager on showing him how easily distracted I was. It always seemed so important to prove to him that I am up to this situation. To anything really. But I guess that was just the way I was. Selena Gomez nature at its finest.

"Technically, it's night."

I swiftly avoided his next strike

I put in a little more force and even thought I'd like to say I caught him by surprise, it was hardly it. He couldn't be caught off-guard. Like never. A true god, as many tend to call him. Either way, I managed to get the control over the situation. We were on the ground at this point, our bodies pressed hard together as we were both trying to maneuver our way. I flipped us over, getting on top of him.

It took a bit more struggling till I found the opening, but eventually I did. I was just a swing away, ready and determined to 'stake' him and it seemed like a sure thing. But then I found myself on my back once again and before I could register what happened, his teeth was against my neck.

I knew I should be disappointed and a small part of me was. But the part of me who enjoyed this position currently dominated my consciousness.

"There's a fine line between life and death," Justin whispered in my ear before leaning away from me and gracefully getting up.

"Don't ever forget that." he said as he extended his hand to help me get up.

He was right, of course. He always was. I had let my guard down thinking that I had won, but it's not over till it's over. I scolded myself internally for making the mistake and letting him beat me once again. I wondered if I'll ever be able to take him down in a fight.

I took his hand and he pulled me to my feet.

"Good job, though" he added with a half smile.

Getting praise from him was a rare thing, making it even more valuable. My eyebrows arched in surprise before my lips pulled into a grin.

"As ever, comrade. But it's never enough against you, is it?" I teased, admiring his abilities and stealing a few glances at his amazing muscled body.