Chapter 6

《《 Chapter dedicated to Zaffy24. Thank you so much for your support and love. 》》
________________

Ella opened her eyes and found herself on the edge of a familiar old stone bridge. It was a dark and stormy night. The storm was wrathful and seemed as if it would carry away everything with its immense force. The river beneath the bridge was in full rage and the lightening struck every now and then, illuminating the dark sky. The loud roar of the thunder was echoing all over the place, making Ella's heart freeze each time it struck in the sky.

The sight of that deserted bridge gave her cold shivers. She never wanted to return to this place. Then why and how was she here yet again? She looked down the bridge, the dark water was dancing wildly, the waves were rising high and splashing back down continually.

This isn't real. It's just a dream. She kept reminding herself. But it seemed so real, so vivid. Is it really a dream? She was in doubt.

Then all of a sudden she heard a very painful shreiking voice of a person from behind her. Ella gasped fearfully and turned around to see another familiar sight in front of her-  a car was blazing in fire. The painful screams were coming from inside the car.

The bright flames were lightning up the dark night. The raging storm made the flames expand and rise even higher. Ella covered her mouth with her hands and took a step backward, tears gushing down her eyes. The blood-curdling  screams were ripping her soul apart. The sight infront of her was too familiar. She grabbed the railing of the bridge to steady herself but all of a sudden something pulled her forward. In utter fear she grabbed the railing as harder but in a brief second, she lost control of it and like a magnet she was dragged towards the burning car. She screamed on top of her lungs but her weak voice was suppressed by the other voices of unseen beings in the air.

"Blood turn black, flesh turn blue.
 May the curse fall upon you."

Those raspy voices chanted around her, over and over again.

Ella covered her ears with her hands to cease from hearing those sinistrous chants. When that unseen force dragged her closer to the burning car, she gave in and closed her eyes, aware of what was about to happen.

However, she came to a sudden hault. A moment later, the ghostly voices disappeared and the surrounding became peaceful again. Cool drops of  liquid trickled down on her face. She opened her eyes and saw that the rain was pouring hard. In seconds she was drenched and the fire burning in the car was extinguished by the rain.

Then suddenly, came a bitter scream of a girl and Ella heard a loud splash down the bridge, as if someone had jumped off the edge.

Ella woke up gasping, her eyes were moist with tears. She was sweating and trembling profously. It was the same nightmare which she frequently used to have during her days in the rehab. Those extremly painful memories from that dreadful night came rushing back to her, she just couldn't forget them. This nightmare had scraped her already fresh wounds. It gave her vague glimpses from her horrific past.

__________________

 A/N :

Hi lovelies! I'm back! :D
Hope you all are doing great. Sorry for the late update but I finally got over with my exams and will be more regular with the updates. I'll be posting short chapters from now on, as I think it's more convinient to read. What do you prefer- short chapter or long? Share your views with me.

P.S - Please vote and comment. xx