Chapter 34

She tried to open her eyes, sensing the sprinkle of water on her face, but failed every time. It continued for a while—a few sprinkle of water followed by some more and then. . .

She felt a splash.

Gasping, she regained consciousness. She wiped the cold water off her eyes with her sleeves to clear the blurry vision and found herself inside a car with the seat pushed to the back.

“Jesus, I thought you went into a coma or somethin'.”

Ella looked towards the person on the driver’s side.

Holding a bottle of water in his hand, hair disheveled, and the green eyes full of concern looked at her in relief.

“Ziven?” She asked, not believing it.

Was it a dream?

She slowly moved her hand towards his face to confirm. Ziven stared at her, surprised and amazed as she gently touched his face.

Okay, it wasn’t a dream. She pulled her hand back, feeling embarrassed and still confused.

How did he. . .

“How did you find me?” She asked in a whisper.

Instead of answering to her question, Ziven grabbed a tissue roll from the compartment above the dashboard and handed it to her.

“Dry up Ellie.” He offered.

Ella took the roll from his hand and pulled out a few tissues and slowly dabbed her face, hands and neck with it. Thankfully, her top was only slightly soaked and the heater would dry it up.

Ziven was looking outside all this while, staring at the soft balls of snow falling horizontally and settling down on the windscreen. Ella felt warm and safe inside the car. In that moment, she wanted to forget that the outside world was dangerously cold– cold and ruthless. But reality couldn’t be escaped.

“You ignored my question.” Ella stated.

Ziven looked at her, his face serious. It seemed like he had a lot in mind, he also seemed slightly unnerved and shaky. No surprise, any sane person would feel that way around Ella. But what surprised her was that he was still there and not running away from her out of  fright.

“Shall I ask first why you went down to the basement and what happened there?” He asked her instead of answering.

Ella straightened in her seat, recalling everything that happened earlier that afternoon.

"I- I got an SOS text with your name, calling me to the basement." Ella gulped nervously. "So. . . I went there, thinking you were in danger and then. . . someone locked me in that room." She breathed and tried to hold back her tears.

Ziven lowered his head and stared at his knuckles, lost in thoughts.

“Do you suspect anyone?” He asked.

Ella thought about it in silence. A few names came into her mind but it felt wrong and unfair to suspect anyone without any proof.

“I don’t” She answered.  

"Don’t worry, we’ll find out.” Ziven assured her.

Ella nodded. It was her cue to ask him now. “So, how’d you find me?” Ella asked again.

Ziven sighed. He knew that she wasn’t the one who would let go and forget  without getting an answer.

“Alright." He sighed in defeat. "It may sound crazy but I-” He stared out of the window again as if struggling with what he was about to tell her.  "I had a vision."

"A vision?" Ella said, her eyes widened.

He nodded.

"What did you see?" Ella inquired.

"I saw you. . . locked in a room in the basement. It's crazy but I even saw the room number and which block it was. You were screaming and crying for help" He paused for a few moments.

"At first I tried to ignore it, thinking it was a random thought but I felt so restless, like I knew something was wrong, that you were in trouble." He ran his hands through his thick dark brown hair. "And knowing how easily you attract danger, I knew I had to check on you, to make sure you were safe."

Ella's heart filled up with so many emotions. She thought Ziven didn't care about her, she thought he would never see her again after knowing about her truth. But she was wrong. He cared enough to come and make sure she was safe, even though he only had a vision.

A vision that gave him details of exactly where she was. She couldn’t help but wonder how that was even possible.

Nevertheless, for now, she was glad to be alive and it was because of him.

"Thanks for saving me again." Ella said looking at him briefly as she didn't want him to see what she felt for him in her eyes.

"You don’t need to thank me Ellie." Ziven smiled, making her heart flutter.

And then, Ella’s stomach growled. She hadn’t eaten all day and she was literally starving. Her face turned bright red, making Ziven laugh.

“You must be hungry. ” He said amused to see her flushed face.

“Starving.” She answered, trying to ignore her blush.

“Well then, I know a great place to eat.”

“Uh, actually, could you just drop me home? It’s quite late.” Ella requested.

“Not unless you’ve eaten.” He affirmed, starting his car and hitting the road.

________

A/N

Sorry for disappearing for so long. Please don't hate me :P

xoxo