Chapter 7

Breathing: the only thing I hear. I grab for Amelie and Vanessa as if I need verification that they are still here.
" No one move," I say. " Daquan, James, Aubrey are you still with us?"
I hear a grunt and a scoffs. " Obviously but that doesn't matter since we can't see anything!" Aubrey complains.
" Fine then, I'll make some light." Using my power I create energy and force it into light energy. Orbs of light glow in each hand, a soft white shines, illuminating the room.

I start to panic when I realize we are no longer in the large chamber but an earthen room just a little bigger than our table.
" Woah." Vanessa breaths.
I need someone to hold my light while I force the earth back down. " Is there a producer in here?"
" I am," James says as he stands.
" Great," I gently give him the orbs. " Now I can figure out how to lower these walls."
My hands travel up and down the dirt walls. The first, second, and third just lead to more dirt. The fourth one, when removed, will lead us to a door.
" I think we should go through." I look over at Daquan who is also scanning the walls. He must be a sprouter. I nod.
" On three." He says.
" One, two, three." We both say.
The dirt starts to tremble from our will, before seeping back into the ground. I look back around to see everyone's baffled faces.
Technically I am supposed to have one power but since I have the Purewhite, it enables me to have almost all of them. I'll tell them later.

The corridor-like tunnel to the door is drafty and only lit by the orbs that James still holds firm on.
I open the door carefully and almost scream in frustration. " What is the point of this?" I scream.

The other side of the door leads to the front stairs where Daniel and I first met Ms. Marigold. A pang of guilt shocks my conscious when I think of Danny.
So I focus on where we are now.
" What the hell," Daquan growls.
" Alright, now we need to figure out where to go from here," James says.
We all turn to him, then Amelie opens her mouth. " What if this is all a test? All we have to do is wait it out. Get to a, um...checkpoint."
" They would trap a bunch of powerful princesses and princes in a building alone. They are either completely stupid or smart." James inquires with a dirty grin plastered across him face.
" Okay so lets say they are smart and this is a test," I say annoyed. " Then what are the feats and when is then end?"
There is a long silence no one can wrap their heads around the possibility that we are completely and utterly lost.
" Perhaps its not like that, what if it was just more like a ' see who lasts the longest' type thing." James says now more serious.
" We should go to the dorms then," I say all to quickly. " Because we will have a main point we can all get to." I add quickly.
Aubrey looks like I said the most pleasant thing in the world. " Great. Let's go, if this is all about lasting the longest, then we should get out of the open."

With that we all start up the grand stairs. My dress makes it incredibly hard to rush and when I almost trip, James has to steady me. I thank him as we continue up the steps. We are seconds from reaching the first landing when I sound that could shatter glass sings out.
I am in so much agony I think that the noise blew my hearing.

That is why I am so surprised when a voice so clear sounds out through the large chamber.
" Run." I realize it is coming from inside my head. I look around and the others have all come to the same conclusion.