Chapter 4

Calypso's POV

I understand why father would be so proud, judging on the exterior of the grounds. After all they are on the border of Dilonix and Averical, another kingdom.
White, powder like snow coats the grass and building spirals that sit in a horseshoe shape. The castle like structure is made up of light brown brick and quartz. Large wooden doors outline the entry along with two fountains and several multi colored roses. Windows sit in pairs up at least five stories up.
A beautiful stone path twist to the large oak doors.

Danny walks just behind me and my guards as we approach the quartz walls.
I stop and wait. Suddenly the doors creak and open.

The smell of heat fills my lungs. I can't help but smile at seeing the interior of the first floor.
Red tiles are cut into diamond-like patterns and walls are marble. They swirl with gray and gold over the white. Paintings of flowers and mountains hang on every wall, at the end of the far wall are quartz stairs covered in the pink and royal purple carpet--the pink must be for the kingdom that shares this border, Avrical.
They expand out into a semi-circle. Fires crackle at either side.
" Hello there, you must be Princess Calypso and Prince Daniel." A plump old woman ponders. She has long blonde hair and green eyes, her face is large and round. She wears a dark shirt and dark pants with simple boots. The only color on her clothing is a green jewel pendant with bronze encircling it.
" Yes," I bow. " And you are?"
" Elizabeth Marigold, director of the school."

======================
Ms. Marigold leads us into a large chamber just to the left of the entry point. We are seated on the ground floor near where she will give her presentation.
I can hear Danny's breathing next to me. He might not know it, but he breathes give me comfort while we wait. Maybe mine does the same.
Probably not so because his eyebrows scrunch and his eyes squint, he looks as if he is trying to figure out a puzzle but because he bites his lip it seems like he is holding back a whimper. He also leans forward just so.
" Don't be afraid," I say putting my hand on his which is resting on his knee. He jumps and looks at my hand for a moment before looking at me.
" So we are friends now? Or not?" He snaps.
I blink and retrieve my hand so it intertwines with my other.
" What?"
" Well, you said we were friends and then you refuse my help."
I almost roll my eyes. " Danny, just because I don't want your help taking one step off a train does not mean I don't want to be your friend."
He opens his mouth to speak but the lights dim and our attention turns to Ms. Marigold who has a light pointed on her.

" Welcome to Saint Amorga University! Home for young royals," She booms cheerfully. I tell myself I won't...I do; I look at Danny. " I want you to all know how happy I am that you are all here and so are our teachers! Speaking of teachers let us talk about classes. There will be five each day, two for court and two for abilities. The third is a class of your choice," Ms. Marigold takes small steps. " Dorms are separated by ability rather than gender--but worry not there will be an equal amount of girls and boys in each dorm."

For hours Ms. Marigold talks of the classes and what to expect. I keep finding myself looking at Danny or more so, his jaw.
It is so sharp that I fear cutting myself if I wear to touch it.
No Calypso don't think of that. He is your friend.

When Ms. Marigold is done she tells us to stay in our seats until our names are called. Then are dorm keys are given and we go off to find them. After signing in to the rooms we can do whatever we please, as long as we are back at nine sharp for dinner.
" Princess Calypso Calyx of Dilonix please."
My heart starts racing, I release myself from the seat.