Chapter 1

Disclaimer: * Insert snarky and original disclaimer statement*I don't own Naruto.

Warnings: Language, violence, child ninjas, brief mentions of torture etc.

Chapter 1-

Word Count- 5000

Calm before the Storm

Stormy Night, October 10th

The water tumbled downstream, crashing against the banks of the river, cascading down the boulders oppressing its persistent flow. The glittering half-moon peered through the canopy of trees, making the clear water sparkle, reflecting the stars of the midnight sky. Below the tall trees, beside the river banks, was the thick undergrowth of Konohagakure's forest. Layers of green barely visible in the dim moonlight covered the ground, vines of some climbing the trunks of the ancient trees.

The forest gave no sound as it swayed in a violent breeze. There was no hint of the forest's tenants, no rustle of a tail or call to a mate. There was a light musty smell, reminders of the raging storm approaching. It filled the heavy air as a warning to all. Beware.

It coiled through the trees and winding paths, following a single, intertwining direction. To the village. A village, where tonight, were celebrating the death of a demon.

Their chants of victory and demonic ideas echoed to the skies and the clouds that were forming, as if a beckoning to the storm, as if asking for a rampage of lightning and thunder.

Amidst the blanket of silence that steadily layed itself over the village in waiting, the storm struck. And as it struck, two twin streaks slammed into Konoha.

An awakening.

...

A young child ran from his angry pursuers, completely numb and exhausted from his travel through time. He had hoped to appear somewhere safe. At the edge of a drunken crowd was certainly not safe. Especially in his case. His first thought was to find Sasuke, but when the drunks caught sight of him... well, escaping these people was top priority. Unfortunately, he and Sasuke will mostly be immobile for the next month to recover, and it would be a long time before they were back near the strength they had before they travelled, at 19 years of age.

Naruto and Sasuke had no idea how or why they were sent back. The only inclination was an unknown figure that had summoned them to a different dimension, or limbo. It stated that the Shinobi world needed strong guides to lead and protect them, and that the reincarnations of Indra and Asura were perfect for the job. And then they were sent back without warning, memories still fresh with the Tenseigan confuzzle.

So here he was, running on adrenaline alone, trying to get to the Uchiha compound because that was his only chance at survival. Sasuke was probably trying to explain his nightmare and incinerated arm to his family. Their disfigurements had come back with them, and Naruto had lost his replacement arm. Everything was off-balance, and that made running all the harder. The civilians and Shinobi alike were closing in, speed fuelled by misplaced anger and grief.

The tiredness he'd pushed aside was rapidly filling in again. In the haze of his wariness he made a crucial mistake.

The screams of enraged villagers clouded his choice and he took a wrong turn, still imagining this to be the new Konoha, despite the obvious differences. Everything became a blur in his closed eyes and confused mind. Pain flashed through his head and down his neck. But even that cursed slash was barely there. While his left side burned in pain and right side registered nothing, Naruto called out one last time.