Zed then smiled, almost unbelievably, and lovingly embraced her before she had a chance to finish. In a way that was so tender, so understanding, so loving,  so Zed, that Addison knew ;

He's not going to leave.

"Gar-garziga" Zed whispered into her ear, his words coated in pure love and admiration for her, his girlfriend, and now, the mother of their child, however young they may be. His fears slowly melting away, all Zed felt in that moment was simple euphoria. They were going to be okay, their child would be okay, everything was perfect. But he knew what he had to do next.

Zed then proceeded to walk into the dining room to call someone on his Z - band. Addison, filled with a sense of happiness and curiosity, followed him, watching him pace so furiously during the dialling tone that she thought he would wear a hole in the floor.

"Whatcha doing?" she asked playfully whilst standing in the doorway, any morbid feelings she once felt now having been clearly eradicated.

"I'm just calling Z - Force" Zed replied blatantly from the other side of the room, clearly not acknowledging the confusion and slight fear now prominent in Addison's eyes as she began to walk slowly towards him.

"Z - Force?" she said "As in the ones who make the Z - bands? The ones who built the barrier? The ones who run Zombie Containment?". She would always remember that dreaded football game, when her love was taken away from her unjustly. He never said what happened to him in Containment, but she knew in her heart, it had been absolute torture for him.

Zed knew he had to quickly calm Addison down. The stress must not be good for the baby, he thought to himself as he once again embraced Addison.

"Look, you know as well as I do that this has never happened before", gesturing to Addie's stomach, receiving a slight smirk from both of them, as he continued to explain "Z - Force know all there is to know about zombies, if there's anyone who could help us, its them"

Addison seemed to calm down after Zed's explanation. This only proved to her more that Zed cared about her and the baby's wellbeing, causing her heart to flutter at the mere thought of her and him becoming a big, happy family. These mood swings were confusing, that's for sure. Before she had a chance to respond, the organisation answered the call as Zed then began to pace as he conversed with the operator, trying as hard as he could to explain the predicament.

"Well...you see... my girlfriends pregnant" he paused, allowing the woman to tell him that there was nothing to worry about as this was common among zombie teens, mainly due to lack of education from their previous school. Before she began to list off the options they could take, Zed then went on to protest.

"Well...my girlfriends human and...uh...we were just wondering...how would this affect her exactly?" Zed enquired.

...

...

With a solemn dialling tone, the line hangs up.

Zed would have immediately explained to Addison what just happened. How they were now still at a loss for possible information, how scared he was now, how there was literally the only two in the world going through this. If his Z - band hadn't just rang again.

Zed quickly picked up, forgetting to look at the caller ID, believing it to be Z - Force calling back, instead receiving one of his oldest, cheerful friends calling him for help.

"Zedka! Ru garzedd - zig goreez zozig Addiska gogrog?!"

"Zed! Do you know what's wrong with Addison yet?!"  Bonzo positively belted from the other side of the line. Bonzo was never this scared, or this serious throughout the entire time they'd known each other. Something was really, terribly wrong.

"Whoa Bonzo calm down!" Zed told him, a clear sense of dread in his voice, something in him guessed, something knew, this wasn't going to be about Addison.

Silence was heard only for a few seconds on both lines, allowing Bonzo to calm down and, eventually, spit out the words that, if it were beating, would have made Zed' heart stop instantly.

...

...

"Breeska...ag garzedd - zig...agru bragan zet."

"It's Bree...I think...she has the illness as well."