The Universe Shattered

A/N: I don't think this is a one-shot anymore, but I don't even care. This is too good to stop. I must continue. I'm fangirling on my own story. ACK.

     My vision was starting to fade, but I saw Pidge put her helmet on and say, "Hunk, Coran, I need your help here ASAP. Lance is stabbed on the floor and Shiro, Keith and Allura are laughing so hard they might barf their lungs out." I chuckled once before I blacked out.

***********************************************************************************************

     My eyes opened, and the first thing I saw was Keith. "Lance!" he cried, as I stumbled out of the healing pod. He caught me, and I thought of that moment with Allura, when she first woke up from cryo-sleep. My thoughts weren't quite together yet, and all I could think was how pretty he was. Stop it, I told myself.

     Keith blushed, and I couldn't help noticing how adorable he was. "You think I'm pretty?" he asked. "And... adorable?"

     I'm pretty sure my eyes popped out of my head, and I think I had a heart attack. "What?!?! NO!" I yelled, leaping out of his arms. "I did NOT say that!!" He looked a little crushed, so I said, "Wait, did you... want me to say that?"

     He blushed again, the pink going perfectly with his jacket, though it wasn't the same shade. "Umm..." he stammered, biting his lip. He put his right hand over the nape of his neck, his head hanging down just the right amount. Looking at me out of the corner of his eye, he spoke very softly and said, "Maybe...?"

     "What's that supposed to mean?!?!" I yelled, not knowing if I was accepted for calling him pretty or not. I think my head's still muddled from the healing pod sleep. I threw my arms up in the air, all my body language challenging, hoping that if we just fought again, everything could go back to normal. I could keep burying my feelings and posing them as rivalry, Keith could keep his moody distance... but I didn't really want that.

     "What did you THINK it means, idiot?!?!!" Keith roared, getting in my face angrily, his face a deeper red. "I don't just tell people that I wish they'd call me pretty unless I mean it!!" he shouted, glaring and blushing furiously.

     That's when I noticed the other members of Team Voltron standing behind him. "Um, Keith?" I said weakly, wanting to disappear into the floor and never come out again. Keith turned around, and his face drained to pure white. I knew that he shared the sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach, but it was probably worse for him. He's the one who'd basically yelled, "I want you to call me pretty" in front of the entire team. Then he said the words I'd always wanted to hear. "Since you all heard that, you might as well know... I'm gay."

     "Knew it," Hunk said, smiling.

     "I thought so," Allura replied, smirking. I knew she was thinking of how I accidentally called Keith my boyfriend when I was searching for him... how long ago was that?

     "Wait, we were supposed to think you were straight?" Coran asked.

     "I'm just surprised it took you this long," Pidge said.

     "I'm glad you told us," Shiro said. "Keith, owning who you are is going to make you a better paladin," he continued, just like he had when Pidge told us she was a girl.

     "I'm not done," Keith said, turning to me. "Lance, I'm gay... for you."

     My jaw dropped.

     The universe shattered.

     My fantasies fell into place.

     I tried to speak.

     It didn't work.

     I cleared my throat.

     I tried again.

     "That's... literally the best news I've ever heard in my life."