Hiddenite

Everyone was in shock with what they just witnessed. The bloodcurdling sight of their commander driving his sword into a fellow officer's stomach had them frozen from where they stood, their festive atmosphere vanished and in its place arose a sense of uneasiness.

The leader fell to his knees, his body bent forward, thightly grasping the blade in his adbomen.

"You... bastard..." he said staring daggers at the commander.

The commander responded by pushing the blade deeper in his gut, causing him to vomit more blood and coughing uncontrollably until his body stopped moving.

Horrified and nausiated by the amount of bloodshed, one soldier threw up behind a nearby tree. Its perfectly understandable, what sane human being wouldn't be disturbed by that? Even the girl hidden nearby who could only hear what happened felt unsettled. However, their commander begged to differ.

"Are you disturbed by this bloody murder?!" He shouted. "If so, then why did you not regurgitate while we ambushed?! Surely you'd be more disturbed since more lives were lost!"

After hearing what he said, the girl realized that they really DID kill them and stole the cart. She always hoped that they managed to escape or was at least imprisoned, but that just wasn't the case. Her friends, her father, they're noe all gone, and knowing this she was filled with grief.

However, her anguish later altered into anger, and now the girl sought for revenge. But she didn't let it get the better of her, because she knew that she'll get her chance once her plan is set into motion.

"Just a couple more minutes." the girl thought to herself, impatiently waiting for her mental timer to reach zero.

"Here's what well tell everyone back in Eldono," said the commander; "we'll eventually capture the escapees, so we say that managed to get their hands on a sword and killed the leader and while restraining them we killed one of them crushed the other's vocal cords."

"And why would we do that?" One soldier questioned. "What if we just tell the truth? Why not tell them that YOU were the one who killed him."

"Because if you do then the lord will ask you all what you were doing. Wagering, idling about, if he were to find out that you didn't stop us, all of you would be punished as well."

"He'll never believe in a murderer like y–"

"Do you really think that?"

"I think we should do what he says," says another soldier behind him; " I don't want to risk getting fired."

Without a counter argument and his fellow troopers wanting preserve their occupation, he clicked his tongue remained silent.

"Now that everything is settled," the commander announced; "I'll be taking command of the former leader's team. Split up and resume the search, we don't have all noon."

Meanwhile, the girl was still hiding in her dim spot, counting down to the final seconds of her mental timer.

"Five... four... three... two... one..."

At the same time as the battalion was about to continue their search, they saw somwthing pop up in the tall grass, it was the hood that the green-haired girl had with her. It moved ridiculously fast with its top visibly floating on the grass' blades.

"There she is!" The commander shouted, pointing at the headpiece. "Go after her!"

His men quickly went after it on foot and on horseback with the commander left behind since he had to go back to his horse.

When he mounted on his horse and was about to catch up, he saw something moving in the tall grass moving in the opposite direction of where the other went. Realizing that one of them could be a decoy, he tried to tell his men.

"Hey! Come back! Stop!"

It was no use, they were already too far for them to hear him, the rustling of the grass and the galloping horses also made him impossible to be heard. Left with no other choice, he chased after it all by himself.