Will you...

5 years later...
(Soda is 24 and Steve is 25)

I pull into the restaurant, feeling for the tiny box in my jacket.

I take a deep breathe and get out of the car, hoping Two-Bit is on time with Soda.

I enter the building, telling the waitress about my reservation outside on the deck. She leads me out there and I gasp at how well it's all set up.

There are lanterns strung up and there's a path of black and white flower petals leading to a 2 person table. The rest of the ground is trimmed grass and in the corner is a cute little waterfall.

"This is lovely, thank you," I say, grateful for Aurora.

(Aurora is the manager from the last book in the chapter called "Hate")

The waitress walks back inside and I walk over to the table, brushing it with my fingers.

There's two wine glasses along with some red wine set in a bucket of ice. The chairs had blue flowers wrapped around the legs.

I took my jacket off, leaving me in my dress shirt, suspenders, and dress pants. I smoothed my hair back and breathed in, trying to calm my nerves.

Today was the day. I was going to do it. After all the shit we've been through, we never stopped being in love.

The confession,
The feeding tube,
The misunderstood answer,
The murder/suicide attempt,
The fall from the Ferris wheel,
The issues with my father,
Quinn and Harpers wedding,
Our tattoos,
Mike,
The time we had split,
Me getting shot,
The surgery,
And finally, when Mike got sent to jail.

Now, I'm standing here with my hands folded in front of me, waiting for the love of my life to walk out that door.

-

After about 5 minutes, I hear the door knob turn and I look up from my place on the ground.

In walks Soda with a suit on, looking as beautiful as ever.

His eyes light up as he sees me and I can see tears building up in his eyes.

"Steve? What's going on?" He questions. I just shake my head and pull out his chair, motioning for him to sit.

As he does so, waitresses and waiters come out with fascinating plates full of different foods.

Damn, Aurora, thank you so much.

-

After we finish up, he asks what's going on, again.

I smile and stand up, feeling my hands start to shake.

"Sodapop, we've been together for six and a half years. You've been the most wonderful boyfriend I could ever have. I wouldn't want to love anyone else besides you. You're so special and important to me, Soda. I love you so much. I could never let you go. You're perfect; with your soft and fluffy hair, that damn smile, your beautiful eyes that sparkle even in the moonlight. But what makes you even more perfect is your personality. You're kind, generous, smart, and so caring for others. You put them before yourself and I've never seen or met someone who cares so much as you do. So all this leads me to my conclusion: Sodapop Curtis, I want to be with you for the rest of my life. So will you do me the honor and be my husband for as long as I live?" I got down on one knee and opened the ring box, the gold band shining in the light.

•How was this? Oof these chapters are getting so fuckin short and I hate it but I wanna leave you guys on a cliff hanger so... bye bye•