Chapter 18

Don't forget to vote and comment!

(If you don't, you'll step on a lego)

Follow me to become a member of #TEAMBLOSSOMS!

APRIL

I watch as Alex slides out of his seat and slips out of the classroom. My head buzzes as my instincts tell me to chase after him before he eludes me once again...But now is not the time. I probably shouldn't do that or he'll get angry, and he's already really irritated with me.

I don't think I should push the limits just yet.

Instead, I take my time setting my books into a neat pile, making sure the edges aren't crinkled before stacking them neatly at the bottom of my bag.

I monotonously straighten up and check to make sure my clothes aren't creased or folded before stepping out of the room, nodding at Mr.Tucington before bowing my head and scampering away to find my friends.

Charity snatches my wrist at the end of the hall and pulls me back, a smile lighting up her features.

"Last period! Want to hang at my place afterwards?"

I exhale and pretend to go over the proposition.

"Heck yes!"

Charity beams at me before leaning down the hallway again and snatching out Mason. He stops, a perplexed expression on his face, and from behind him trails Quinn, her hand gripping onto Mason's.

Charity's face immediately pales, but I give them both a friendly wave.

"Hey, guys."

Quinn smiles. "Hi!"

Charity's face drops and I can understand why. I've missed hanging out with Mason. Just Mason. Having a girlfriend really seemed to be taking up a lot of his time lately, and we haven't had one of our famous movie marathons in so long now...

Mason lets go of Quinn's hand and she blows a kiss at him, walking past us down the hallway. Charity immediately seems to breathe easier, relaxing a little more and slackening her posture.

"Up for a movie tonight?"

Mason vigorously nods his head. "Um...Duh...We haven't had one of those in so long!"

He put on a cheeky expression. "So what'll it be?"

I press my mouth into a thin line. "Horror movie!"

Charity seconds my suggestion. "What else do you think we were going to watch? Horror movies are the legitimate bomb. It's not a marathon unless you get freaked bat-shit crazy and reach the point of getting scared to use the bathroom alone."

I nod. We all love getting scared. It's our quirky thing...The first semblance of our friendship that stamped us together. I wasn't the cliche get-scared-of-anything-scary-and-run-to-my-mom  type of girl, and neither was Charity.

That honor goes to Mason.

Although....For our sake...He tried to pretend. But he was never a good actor.

Mason pushes his hair to one side of his head. "I'll bring the food. Popcorn...Pretzels...Coke-"

"Coke? Mason, is there something you're not telling us?"

I cock my head to the side, teasing him. His eyes go wide and he playfully shoves me back into a locker.

"I meant the soda!"