4

Luna's Pov

What do I wear today? I know it's still early in the day but I want to look nice for dinner at Jack's. All I've been wearing these past few days are t-shirts and hoodies.

I stop looking at my clothes as I hear noises coming from outside. I walk towards my window and see the boys playing basketball giving me a reason to change out of my sports bra and shorts to some leggings and and oversized sweater.

I lean against my mom's car and watch the boys play basketball.
"Hey Luna." Jack smiles showing his perfectly white teeth and dimples.

"Hey Jack." I smile back.
"Luna, this is my best friend Jack, Jack this is Luna." He introduces us. I find it interesting that their names are the same.
"Nice to meet you, you can call me Johnson." He extends his arm out for me to shake his hand.

"So this is the famous Luna you've been talking about." Johnson looks at Jack and he starts to laugh.
"Way to throw me under the bus." It's so cute seeing him get all shy and nervous. "We should get back to the game." Jack changes the subject as they walk away.

I see Marcos walk up to Jack and see him whisper something into his ear. As my brother walks away Jack's face looks worried then he gives me a quick confused look. What did Marcos say to him?
--------------

"Perfect." I tell myself as I look at my outfit in the mirror. I'm wearing a green military jacket over a white crop top and a light pink corduroy skirt with black and white vans.

"Thank you for having us over Katherine, this food is delicious." My mom takes in another bite of her food. They start talking about how they made their food and other adult conversations.

"Exuse me Mrs. Gilinsky can I use your restroom?"
"Of course, Jack can you show her where it's at?" We both get up and I follow behind him. Once we get to the small hallway, Jack speaks up.

"You look great." He smiles showing his perfectly white teeth. I look down at my outfit to try and hide my now pink cheeks.
"Thank you, so do you." We both just stand there looking at eachother.

Jacks lips start to move and I say something before he does.
"What did Marcos tell you earlier today?" He looks at the floor and then back at me.
"He told me to stay away from you." I hate when my brother does this. It's like I can't even be friends with a guy anymore after my last relationship.

I shake my head. "Don't listen to him, he's just being over protective. I mean after all we are next door neighbor's, you can't completely ignore me." I say trying to lighten up the mood.

"How can I ignore someone that's beautiful?" Every time he smiles it kills me. I start to blush again and change the subject.
"I'll be right out with everyone else." I walk into the restroom closing the door.
----------------

me: i had fun tonight. i think my mom found a new best friend lol

I text Jack as I lay down on my bed. Even when I text him I get butterflies in my stomach.

jack: me too. yeah i have a feeling they're going to be hanging out at each other's houses

jack: do you want to hang out tomorrow?

me: yes :)

I start to feel my eyes get heavy and I cover myself with my bed sheets.

me: im starting to fall asleep. ill see you tomorrow, goodnight

jack: goodnight bonita