Chapter 9

Dipper heard the name, but he was in such a funk, he couldn't remember the true Pacifica. His eyes went from all pink, to just having pink irises.

Pacifica looked at the group and rolled her eyes. She began to walk away, completely unaware of what was going on.

From Dipper's point of view, everything looked a bit foggy, except for Pacifica. He saw her as a beautiful blonde girl with a cute sense of fashion. He noticed she was walking away, and began to walk to catch up with her.

Mabel grabbed his arm and her heels skid along the ground, unable to hold down Dipper's ignorance. "No Dipper! She's not your true love! She can't be! She's terrible remember?"

Dipper didn't respond and kept trying to go towards her. Mabel finally lost her grip and fell to the ground as her hypnotized brother pursued forward.

Candy and Grenda helped Mabel back to her feet. Mabel's eyes became damp with tears, but those tears quickly turned to flames of rage. "We have to fix this girls!"

"Totally!" Grenda agreed. "There's no way your brother would go for someone as rude as her."

"But Mabel," Candy said, "You and Dipper both kept saying that he would find his 'true love'. If this is true love, will they not get back together once the spell is broken? I mean, what if later on in life, they really do grow into liking each other, and we just don't know it yet?"

This caused Mabel to think. She had really never thought of it like this before. But then she realized something. "There's no way they'd ever like each other! I smell something fishy going on here. I'm going to pay a visit to Madam Margie and ask her what's really going on."

"We'll come too!" Grenda said as she put an arm around Candy.

"Sorry girls, but I think this is something I have to do alone. I don't want you two to get in this mess."

"If you say so." Grenda said.

Candy added. "But if you ever need our help we'll be here for you."

Mabel smiled. "Thank's girls."

There was a moment of awkward silence. Gears turned inside Mabel's head. Suddenly, she got a mischievous look in her eyes. "Actually, there is something you can do."

***********************************

Dipper kept walking up towards Pacifica. She finally got the feeling she was being followed and turned around.

"Well, well, if it isn't Dipper Pines. I thought you and your pig of a twin and her dorky friends had-"

"Pacifica." Dipper interrupted. He got down on one knee and grabbed her hand. "Pacifica Northwest. I know I haven't known you for very long and you hardly know me, but there's something I need to tell you."

"Umm, what's going on?!" she said with disgust and panic. She shoved Dipper away and began walking faster down the road. "You're even weirder than your sister!"

But her attempt didn't work. Dipper got up and ran to her. Once he got caught up. He held her by both hands so she couldn't get away. "Pacifica, listen to me."

"Fine, fine! What do you want weirdo?!"

"I like you, a lot." Dipper said.

There was a long awkward silence. Pacifica wasn't sure what to do. "You what?"

"I like you. I mean, I really, really like you."

Pacifica slowly pulled her hands out from his. "Okaaaay?"

"Won't you give me a chance? Please?"

Pacifica sighed. "Look, Dipper, you're a bit cute I guess, and it's nice to have a guy actually confess their feelings to me in person, but come on, who wouldn't want to get with this?" she said as she struck a pose. "But seriously, I'm not going to date someone who," she counted off on her fingers with each excuse, "works at the Mystery Shack, isn't rich, has a weird sister, and isn't rich." she flipper her hair and began to walk away, but stopped and turned back around.

"Pacifica?" Dipper questioned.

"Well, I mean, it's been so long since I've ever dated anyone actually. They always treat me like a princess and buy me fancy things, but maybe a change wouldn't be too terrible."

"What are you saying?" Dipper asked with some hope in his voice.

"Well, I guess I could give you a ch-"

"NO!" voices shouted from afar. Two girl voices to be exact.

Grenda and Candy were running up to them waving their hands frantically. But before they could get any closer. Dipper grabbed Pacifica's waist and pulled her in for a kiss.

The girls stopped in place and dropped their jaws.

Pacifica pulled away from Dipper and was too stunned to speak. Her mouth was trying to form words, but nothing came out. She ran up the street away from everyone.

All Dipper could do was smile.