Chapter 3

Before I knew it, it was Monday. The contract was read and signed, and Sia had already dropped it. To say that I was nervous would be an understatement. I was shaking.

My morning, however, started out quite well. I managed to wake up on time and had a proper heavy breakfast, which is such a huge feat for me. I went down to the gym and did my usual work out routine.

It might not seem like it, but I did like to work out to preserve my model like figure. My outfit consisted of a black suit which was very feminine. I put up my hair in a ponytail and went to work.

"Good morning Sabrina.” I smiled at her radiantly.

“Hi Nova, right ?” She smiled. “I didn't think you'd make it.” She laughed.

“Neither did I, to be honest. But I guess he was desperate.”

“Right he was. All these secretaries coming in and out. We have a bet going on.”

My eyebrows rose in surprise. A bet?

“Bet?”

“Yeah. On how long the secretaries long. Most of the times Sean wins, a guy from your floor.”

“What?” I laughed, that's ridiculous.

“So it means that you all are betting on me?” I bit my lips, preventing myself to clench my teeth. They were betting on my life, how awesome.

“Uh yeah. As I said, it's a tradition.” She cringed when she realized that she made a mistake by telling me.

“Don't worry about it, I have a good feeling about you.” She tried to cheer me up and failed miserably.

“They all were saying you will last a day, or maximum a week. But I said you'll last at least two weeks.” Like that'd help, Sabrina.

“Oh. Thanks, I guess.” I smiled sarcastically.

“Don't mind us. I'm sure you'll do great. Anyways, uhm, I got some good news. I've been promoted.”

“Yeah ? Congrats.”

“Thanks. I'll be working on your floor.”

“Really? Nice.” I looked at my watch to see that I had only a few minutes to get upstairs.

“Look. I have to go. We'll talk later. Okay?”

“Sure.” She replied and watched me as I went away.

Making my way towards the office, I noticed that there were quite a few people already present. And I also noticed that they were all staring at me, whispering, glaring and laughing. Looked like I wouldn't be making friends any time soon.

And I sure as hell wouldn't let them walk over me.

I knocked on the door twice before opening it. Mr Wright was glaring at me, which was nothing new. Sia informed me that he was always glaring at everyone.

“Good morning sir.”

“Get me a cup of black coffee with no sugar.” I can't believe that man. No good morning? Straight to orders. Fine.

“Uh yeah sur-”

“NOW.”

I pursed my lips and walked around my desk to throw my bag on it. How dare he treat me like a dog?

I walked out of the office and stopped right in front. How was I supposed to know where the coffee maker was?

I saw a guy passing by me and I tapped his shoulder before he could go away. “Uhm hey, can you tell me where the coffee maker is?” I smiled at him brightly.

Seems like my smile had no effect on him since he just glared at me and brushed me off. My mouth remained open in shock. He was so rude.

I immediately started calling Sia to ask her where the coffee room was, and just as I was walking down a corridor, I saw a huge sign saying kitchen. Lucky me.

A girl was making coffee in front of me, taking her sweet time. While I was scoffing to make her know that she was taking too much time, she turned around and smirked at me and started taking twice the amount to throw the sugar in. Immature bitch.

After 17 hours, she was finally done and I made Mr Wright’s coffee just like he had asked me to,except that instead of making it cold, I made it flaming hot. I was strutting my way to the office when suddenly a girl came rushing out of nowhere and bumped into me, causing the scalding hot coffee to fall on me.

I immediately yelped and pushed her away, almost screaming when the hot liquid got in touch with my body. My breast area and stomach was in so much pain that I fell to my knees. I was in so much pain. I couldn't breathe.

The girl however, looked pleased with herself. Without muttering a sorry, she sashayed her way back to her office. She high-fived another girl and all the people present started guffawing.

My lips were trembling but I got up, made my way to the coffee maker and made the coffee again. I was slowly curling myself in a ball, unable to bear with the pain. I took great care of the coffee while walking slowly. My slow steps eventually took me to the office. I wanted to scream and cry.

Petty bitches. I was sure this would leave a huge scar.

Wanting to see why I was walking so slowly, Mr Wright moved his head up. He took in a sharp deep breath when he saw my state.

“You coffee,” I managed to breathe out and added, “Sir.”

“This time is so much worse. I asked you for cold coffee for this reason. ” He clenched his jaw and banged his hand in the table.

“What sir?” I couldn't bear the pain any longer. One more minute and I'd collapse. I felt like my whole body was burning.

“You need to go to the hospital now.”

“N-no, I'm fi-” I fell down.

The next thing I knew, I was waking up to some voices.

“She's waking up. Stop arguing guys.” I heard a familiar voice and my eyes fluttered open.

“I am so sorry Nova.” Sia’s worried eyes met mine. “I didn't know of this. Believe me.”

I smiled at her, peeking under the cover to discover that the upper part of my body was heavily bandaged. I lifted up my head to see the girl who bumped into me and some other girls.

“I- I'm Amanda.” She shyly started. “I'm so sorry. I thought that the boss would ask for a cold coffee like he always does.”

“Is this Mr Wright’s fault now?” I raised an eyebrow at her. Bitch tried to kill and expected me to forgive her.

“N-NO.” Her eyes went to her friends asking for help.

“My lawyer will meet you at the office tomorrow.” I smiled tightly.

I was not going to let this go.

“Please no. I'm so sorry.” They all yelled in horror. “We're already being fired.”

“Good.” I muttered and smiled my head the other way, asking them to get out.

This behavior was inhumane. And to think that Mr Wright knew of this. Despicable. If I needed to sue him, I would. Though I was pretty sure it wouldn't have an effect on him since he is a billionaire and could easily buy anyone.